Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
21 - 40 of 68 Posts

·
Banned
4,739 Posts
It's Bench Racing, Dean - where (most) anything goes. ;)

Until such time as Davewho dislikes someone's post. Then closes the thread. Then after the thread is closed takes a cheap shot at the guy whose post he disliked. A Mediator with a badge can do things like that.

Reactions: 427L88

·
Super Moderator
1966 Chevelle SS396
8,280 Posts
Until such time as Davewho dislikes someone's post. Then closes the thread. Then after the thread is closed takes a cheap shot at the guy whose post he disliked. A Mediator with a badge can do things like that.
BS. You are a LIAR. I did NO such thing.

I told you to ask another mod if I was the one who closed that thread if you didn't believe me - obviously you did not do so.

Kiss off. :x

·
Banned
4,739 Posts
BS. You are a LIAR. I did NO such thing.

I told you to ask another mod if I was the one who closed that thread if you didn't believe me - obviously you did not do so.

Kiss off. :x

Anger management dude...anger management.

Reactions: 427L88

·
Premium Member
676 Posts
I think variety or diversification in Bench Racing is just fine also. There has to be a 'catch all' option somewhere. I am not big into guns but do enjoy some of the threads, especially regarding vintage stuff. If I am just looking for gun info this is probably not a site i visit. Same with politics. Just one sides view doesnt really get my interest. So would go to another site for that. But do enjoy the sharing of all sorts of non-car stuff that have been posted. And if I am not interested in a post, I move on. No big deal.

·
Gold Founding Member
64,089 Posts
Dave didn't close that thread, I closed it after 113 posts of BS bickering.
It had gone far enough down hill, too far in fact.

Dave posted in the thread 36 minutes after I closed it.

One of the disadvantages of being a mod, we can post in a closed thread without knowing it is closed.

·
Gold Founding Member
64,089 Posts
Bumping the "gun forum" back to the top
just kidding, just kidding.

Speaking of the thread that I closed;

Look we all have our differences with some of our opinions about certain things but it's downright silly for Chevelle brethren to fight and argue back and forth on this forum trying to change another person's opinion.

With 87,330 members now, we all need to get along and just ignore those that we don't agree with about some things.

https://www.verticalscope.com/aboutus/tos.php?site=chevelles.com

Back to the dang guns. :)

·
Registered
6,199 Posts
Ah Dean did you have to do it ! >:)

I hate Riot Acts / Rules and more Rules :frown2:

I think Common Sense is the best :grin2:

·
Registered
562 Posts
Kirk,

If you’re ever down my way let me know.
Pickering.

And ya...I’m certian the ar15 isn’t prohibited.
I’ve owned a couple, lol and sold once my
LS swap overshot lol.

they make .22 that look like the AR.
frig, even paint ball and air soft.
It’s crazy out there.

End of the day it’s not the gun. It’s the butt head shooting it.
And things like that happened in New Zealand..still would of happened if they
Had the AR banned...
He still could of used shot guns. Hunting
Rifles...etc.

The world is a messed up place

Hi Drew
good to see another Chevelle guy from Canada on here

There are a lot of Semi-Auto Rifles that are not Restricted ( PALs ) and look nothing like Hunting Rifles
in the .308 / 7.62x39mm / 9mm / .223/5.56x45mm / Calibre but all their Mags are Restricted/Pined to/for 5 Rounds
Here are a few:
https://www.cabelas.ca/product/94869/norinco-m-14m305-semi-automatic-rifle-308-winchester

https://www.cabelas.ca/product/96077/soviet-sks-semi-automatic-rifle-w-tapco-stock

https://www.cabelas.ca/product/61958/beretta-cx4-storm-semi-auto-carbine-rifle

https://www.cabelas.ca/product/107494/norinco-type-97-nsr-g2-semi-automatic-rifle

I believe that the AR15 was moved/put on the Prohibited list by the RCMP years ago just because of it's Military looks !?[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
I was an Armorer in the Marine Corps so I never had a desire to own an AR. With the political climate in Illinois now, I went ahead and put one to together before they're banned or prohibited. Stainless 18" .223 Wylde barrel, A2 stock, Nikon P223 4x12x40 scope.
I was a Marine grunt and I have no interest in owning an AR either. I find them boring after shooting thousands of rounds out of them. My M1 Garand is much more fun to shoot.

But if $hit were ever to hit the fan in this country, an AR would be my go to weapon without a doubt.

·
Banned
4,739 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
I'm just a newby round here so I hope I don't ruffle to many feathers . But with that said I am definitely a gun dork as much as a car dork . I'm basically an anything mechanical type of dork . I love cars,motorcycles, trucks, boats, guns, RC cars, and, loud crystal clear stereos . I cant help it . I'm addicted to toys, tools and collecting as much ammo as I can afford . I have a safe full of firearms some I inherited some I bought . I love my AR its so fun to shoot its pretty dang accurate and cheap . But my new favorite is the 17hmr . That little bugger is laser accurate and so fun .

To the OP nice build with all the tinkering I like to do I feel like I should have already built one or two AR's.

·
Registered
6,199 Posts
Kirk,

If you’re ever down my way let me know.
Pickering.

And ya...I’m certian the ar15 isn’t prohibited.
I’ve owned a couple, lol and sold once my
LS swap overshot lol.

they make .22 that look like the AR.
frig, even paint ball and air soft.
It’s crazy out there.

End of the day it’s not the gun. It’s the butt head shooting it.
And things like that happened in New Zealand..still would of happened if they
Had the AR banned...
He still could of used shot guns. Hunting
Rifles...etc.

The world is a messed up place

Hi Drew
good to see another Chevelle guy from Canada on here

There are a lot of Semi-Auto Rifles that are not Restricted ( PALs ) and look nothing like Hunting Rifles
in the .308 / 7.62x39mm / 9mm / .223/5.56x45mm / Calibre but all their Mags are Restricted/Pined to/for 5 Rounds
Here are a few:
https://www.cabelas.ca/product/94869/norinco-m-14m305-semi-automatic-rifle-308-winchester

https://www.cabelas.ca/product/96077/soviet-sks-semi-automatic-rifle-w-tapco-stock

https://www.cabelas.ca/product/61958/beretta-cx4-storm-semi-auto-carbine-rifle

https://www.cabelas.ca/product/107494/norinco-type-97-nsr-g2-semi-automatic-rifle

I believe that the AR15 was moved/put on the Prohibited list by the RCMP years ago just because of it's Military looks !?
[/QUOTE]

My old girl has a big 950 cfm on it right now, so anything more than 100 Miles one way costs big $$ in Gas

But if I ever do venture your way I will send you a PM and let you know
I have a Friend in Windsor I have to go see this summer

Hope the Warm weather hits us soon, I want to do some Cruzin and some Drag Racing already

I agree the problem is not the Gun but the person using it
and as we know Bad people/Criminals do not have RPALs or PALs for their Guns

Yes it was very saddening what has happened in NZ and all over this gone crazy world

Have a nice summer Cruzin in your Chevelle and with the Family

·
Premium Member
17,298 Posts
Nice build Jesse!

Here in NY you almost have to be your own armorer, as no one will touch these.

So, a quick question..... why would a new build fail to chamber? You can assist it to chamber, but it will not close fully on the round. Headspace seems fine. I see you had similar issue. I've tried two bolts, one worn, one new. I'm just about to call Midwqay and see if they have any tech help. Cant see why a .223 Wilde chamber would be at fault ( and why I'm guessing at headspace as I have no Wylde guages) .

This on a stock type A2 I like to have group better than 3-4 " with peeps! and now it does, but wont cycle reliably.

Maybe should have got the uber spendy pencil barrel , as the nice fluted SS barrel on sale is HEAVY!

BTW, can you recommend a good AR armorers manual? I cant find a decent one. I'm sort of learning as I go along.

PS and Cory was right, that thread was not too kosher, and the mod overstepped his authority. I did that once as well, but I was under orders to terminate a membership here for the good of the team, knowing full well it'll cost me my mods hat - by mutual agreement. So I know of what I speak......

Attachments

·
Gold Founding Member
64,089 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
Wanna buy one ???

21 - 40 of 68 Posts