Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

61 - 68 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Ummm.....the variance was approved last year. Building is up. Didn’t need to get letters from the neighbors, and I am not aware of others that could not. Didn’t need a good reason.

Just about every other property in my neighborhood(older hood, no HOA) has a shop, some smaller, some a lot bigger than mine. I was pretty sure I was gonna be ok.
Oh ok I just looked at the date of when you posted the thread and see a year has passed . Didnt pay attention to the date nor read through the thread but it sounded to me like at that point you had already bought the building but were yet to have clearance from the local building department or atleast you didnt indicate otherwise at the time you posted the thread

·
Registered
1970 Chevelle, MJ 467, 600hp/600tq, Moser 12 bolt M22Z muncie
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
Oh ok I just looked at the date of when you posted the thread and see a year has passed . Didnt pay attention to the date nor read through the thread but it sounded to me like at that point you had already bought the building but were yet to have clearance from the local building department or atleast you didnt indicate otherwise at the time you posted the thread
Yes, you are correct, I had put a down payment on the building before I had permission to build. What can I say, it was an impulse buy.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Yes, you are correct, I had put a down payment on the building before I had permission to build. What can I say, it was an impulse buy.
Been there done it buddy.lol
Hey whatever...you came out right side up lol

·
Registered
1970 Chevelle, MJ 467, 600hp/600tq, Moser 12 bolt M22Z muncie
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
Was able to put up my piping wall over the weekend. Compressor coming Wednesday.
Used 3/8” sheathing and 3/4” foam board with foil for a radiant barrier. Hard to tell, but the wall is flush with the uprights.

Mounting clips

·
Premium Member
1,062 Posts
Wow, that looks great! I hope that’s a piece of plywood you had laying around. Right now that is an expensive wall section! 😁

Joe

·
Premium Member
1970 El Camino SS396, VortecPro 467, ATI TH400, Moser 12 bolt /TruTrac 3:42, Hedman headers
767 Posts
Really nice toy shop, some people get to actually build their dream shop....now comes the harder part, finishing the interior, moving in and arranging everything to your satisfaction...press on and keep the photos coming.

61 - 68 of 68 Posts