Team Chevelle banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Vendor
9,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been asked to respond to some of the new post about a "cheaper" retro fit hyd roller. Morel has introduced a "Street Only" hyd roller. This is an OEM body lifter designed to be used with mild hyd roller assemblies. This lifter is to combat the cheap Chinese junk making its way into the country.

I would recommend this lifter in applications under 6000 rpm and medium street use with cams under .625" lift.

Pricing is around $300 a set.

·
Premium Member
9,522 Posts
Thanks for the research Chris:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
27,555 Posts
How about a "street friendly" solid roller??
Or, as a discussion point...what IS the best SR lifter available right now?

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Sweet...that is something that would great for me. Time to save up a bit and swap in the hyd roller after the summer is over.

·
Premium Member
6,172 Posts
Wow, that sounds like a good price. What would you recommend for occasional strip use? How much are the "regular" morels?

·
Premium Member
13,104 Posts
that's good news, what's the price for the regular morels?
=
About $570 from Lunati
Much less from Chris or myself :D

·
Vendor
9,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Chris after talking to Lunati they said the new lifters can handle upto 160 lb on the seat, do you agree with this ?
Bill,
I would say I would ask the Morel boys next week when here in Bristol for the drags but they can't make their yearly pilgrimage to my place as they are covered up at work. I will call and get their advice on seat pressure.

·
Vendor
9,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Chris,

They are made in the good old USA, aren't they?? Good price!!

Switching topics, but not really...

And it just crossed my mind...

Anybody know how Schubeck is doing???

pdq67
Paul,
Some components are made south of the border with Morel doing finally assembly and leak testing on the units.

I have no idea what Joe is up to these days. I do sell his lifters to the circle track market. I get these from the guy that made them for Joe.

·
Vendor
9,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
How about a "street friendly" solid roller??
Or, as a discussion point...what IS the best SR lifter available right now?
I don't think you can go wrong with the Morel or Isky lifters. For the more budget friendly side the Morel Sportsman is a good choice or the Isky Duraton. The Duraton does have oiling to the axle. The Morel is fully rebuildable. For the high end stuff the Isky RedZone and Morel Pro series are tough to beat. I sell more of the Morels compared to the Isky's but I have had very good success with both lifters.

·
Registered
14,236 Posts
Chris are these lifters on par with the OE stuff or better?

·
Premium Member
27,555 Posts
I don't think you can go wrong with the Morel or Isky lifters. For the more budget friendly side the Morel Sportsman is a good choice or the Isky Duraton. The Duraton does have oiling to the axle. The Morel is fully rebuildable. For the high end stuff the Isky RedZone and Morel Pro series are tough to beat. I sell more of the Morels compared to the Isky's but I have had very good success with both lifters.
I've got a set of Red Zones SR that have served me very well but just testing the waters to see if anything else is available/improved upon over the past few years. Although I know they are rebuildable, I'll be replacing these RZ's...
Spring pressure somewhere in the 300/800 range.

·
Premium Member
760 Posts
Bill,
I would say I would ask the Morel boys next week when here in Bristol for the drags but they can't make their yearly pilgrimage to my place as they are covered up at work. I will call and get their advice on seat pressure.

Thank's, I appreciate It

1 - 20 of 46 Posts