Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dynomat extreme.

The darn hood is so black that it makes it kind of hard to see in the pictures. I will have to get some more and post tonight or so. GO on the "Exterior" link on my web page for the hood pictures.

I also added on the "Interiror" page pictures of some of the Dynomat that I have laid on the floor and a picture of the new Corbeau seats (Still plastic around them!!) The Dynomat is pretty cool stuff, let me tell you. Seat are the Carrera model, standard size. They are and feel great, but they are not for big guys. I am 6'1" and weigh 175 lbs, and I can probably gain some more weight and be ok with them. I believe that they aslo make a wider version as well, in case anyone has been thinking about these seats.

------------------
www.yannis68chevelle.com

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Sweet. Looks good. How was the fit on the hood? You're on a roll lately, that sucker will be done in no time flat at this pace. Cool site, btw, waiting for the comments and tips along with those pics. Very

------------------
'70 SS 396
4spd, 4.11's and a smile
TC# 1341
Beaux

"You're just jealous because the little voices are talking to me"

·
Registered
263 Posts
Not sure if you posted this already and I missed it but, you got the exhaust on saturday right? How did that turn out? I think I read you were going to a brake/exhuast place thats located in Kirland. You live on the east side?

------------------
Brad Guichard
1966 Nova Super Sport 388 Th350
66 Nova pic
1966 Chevelle 350 TH350
66 Chevelle pic
1957 Chevy 210 ZZ4 700R4 Ford 9" 3.89
57 Chevy pic

·
Premium Member
587 Posts
Wow, everything looks great, evidently no expense spared, close attention to every detail and lots of expert knowledge combined with elbow grease. Got a question if you don't mind. Is that a Be Cool rad, a Griffin or something else?

R.B.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you guys, yes it has been a great experience and I really like the way it is turning out. Got all my door pannels today also, so I am hoping I will get the interior complete within the next a couple of months.

Midnight, the fit is pretty good, not perfect. I think that most of the issues are with my hinges, but we were adjusting it for a couple of hours last night and we are there. I still might have to trim the edge of it as it comes pretty close to the windshield. One suprising part was that they did not have any braces on the cowl underneath. I would expect to be something there so it does not flap at high speed, but I can not say if this is the case until I get it to high speed.

66chevyII, do to that "little storm" that we had on Saturday, and since I had no hood on the car, I did not get it done. I am keeping an eye on the weather forecast and the first dry day we have I will take it to the shop. I am taking it to "Dan Fast" which is located on Aurora Avenue in Lynwood. I will let you know how it turns out.

rb, it is an AFCO radiator. It looks great, it fit really well, and a lot of guys use them and are happy with them. I combined that with the Stage 2 Stewart water pump and the dual electric Winstar fans and I think that I will not have any problems with my cooling system. So far every time that I have turned the car on, it has been great termerature wise and no leaks.
The only leak that I have had a great battle with is the tranny cooler lines where they come in the cooler. Most of it has been my error (had the wrong connector first, then I put 3/8" hose instead of 5/16") but we redid it last night with new connectors, clamps and hoses so I think I will be Ok now.

Thanks guys.

------------------
www.yannis68chevelle.com

·
Registered
100 Posts
Did the hood come with lighter springs for the hinges or did you purchase them somewhere else? This is going to be an added on winter project.

------------------
70 Chevelle SS509 "Something wicked this way comes"

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It did not come with any hinges, and I am using my old ones from my steel hood. Does anyone sell different hinges/springs?

I also added 3 more pictures on the Exteriors page on my web. Somewhat more clear and can see the hood better.

------------------
www.yannis68chevelle.com

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Not to barge in on your post Yanniz, but has anyone or you yourself considered using little struts for your hood as opposed to springs and hinges? You know, like on newer cars or like whats used on camper shells for the rear window?

Hinges tend to loosen up, wear, break, as well as the springs and such. Just curious.

·
Premium Member
1,116 Posts
Yanniz-

Your website pics are really cool! You and I are about at the same point in our restorations....and are doing some of the same mods like fuel system, cooling, ignition, etc... Great Job!

------------------
Gregg Haskin
72 Chevelle SS
ZZ502 Crated RAT
Muncie M-20 4 speed
TEAM CHEVELLE #726 ACES #4486
"PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN!"
“What the heck are all these extra nuts & bolts for?”

My 72 Chevelle SS Restoration Website: www.wcvt.com/~ghaskin

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Greg, I noticed that also. It is pretty cool that we are doing similar things, great minds think alike I guess!! Also, you helped me a couple of time with some questions that I have, and thank you for that.

Midnight, that is a good idea. I will look in to that.
thanks guys.

------------------
www.yannis68chevelle.com

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
You need to replace the springs or the hood can break at the front of the hinge. Jegs part number 487-210 for $21.99.
http://www.jegs.com/

------------------
Redrum (or Mike)
68 Corvette - 383 CI 427 HP
69 SS Chevelle being updated to Pro-Touring
97 Z-28

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
Yanniz-
Just curious how much it was to have your hood shipped to your house? I've been considering getting a 4 inch for my car from either glasstek or VFN but I'm not sure how much extra dough its gunna be to ship it.
thanks in advance!
BTW- Looking Schweeeet!

------------------
Russ (or Steve)
1965 Malibu 283/PG/A/C
Now 283/TH-350 soon to be 383/TH-350
My Homepage (Updated 5/31/2001)
Team Chevelle Member #71

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks Mike and Steve.
Steve, it was $98 to ship it to the local transfer company where I picked it up from. They could also deliver for $42 to my home, but they are just 5 miles down the street so I picked it up.

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Yanniz,

Everything looks great! What color are you going to paint the car?

I have a 4" Glasstek hood on my 71 and have had it up to near 128 mph with no apparent bowing in the cowl area. I think the ridge in the center of the scoop adds rigidity.

------------------
It’s a BIGger BLOCK!

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
No problem Steve.
ss540, thank you. The plan is for Hugger Orange with black stripes. I will start experimentation with my old hood and see how it comes out.

Also, it is going to be a sunny day in Seattle today. Yeahhhh! Tow truck will be here at 8 this morning and the car is going in to the exhaust shop to get the Torque Tech system on and also bleed the darn brakes.

Will keep you all posted.

------------------
www.yannis68chevelle.com

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.