Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am crazy excited to finally be getting a muscle car. It's just a Malibu, but it's a decent survivor car with a bad, man is it bad, paint job. I'll post some pics when I pull it out of the building. Its a Malibu Sport Coupe with a, brace yourselves, 307! LOL! It was originally Placer Gold but now its Maaco maroon. It'll be going back to Placer Gold with black stripes and a black vinyl roof. Then in with a 383 probably... Anyway, that's my intro! :) Hope to see y'all around.

·
Registered
625 Posts
It's just a Malibu
you say that like it's a bad thing, lol... Wear your Malibu emblems proudly, they appear to be much more rare than Super Sports now a days... :grin2:

Reactions: Bow_Tied

·
Premium Member
4,530 Posts
Welcome Jasen, to Team Chevelle.....:waving:

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
I agree with Rod, "Just a Malibu" is BS. It's a Chevelle which is awesome and it's yours and you will take it to a new level! Welcome!

·
Administrator
16,207 Posts
Okay Jasen it has been 4 days and no pictures...don't make us come to Dallas :wink2:

·
Registered
1971 Chevrolet Chevelle Malibu
7,422 Posts
Welcome, and I agree wear your Malibu Emblems proudly.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OK, y'all asked for them! LOL! I really like being different; so the Malibu badges don't bother me, but man, everyone else always asks, are you gonna a make it an SS. ? Weren't 99% of Chevelle's painted red with white or black stripes? ? Thanks for the welcome everyone! Oh, the numbers matching powertrain is in the car, 307 with TH350.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,269 Posts
Jasen,
Welcome to the forum. And happy new year! Here's some free advise. I wouldn't touch a thing. Inspect it for safety (brakes, suspension, etc etc..) keep up with the maintenance (GOOD maintenance) and drive it. You have good documentation and what appears to be a very nice decent representation of a Malibu.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I don't plan on doing too much and certainly not anything that requires cutting. I do have to paint it for sure. Hard to tell from pics, but believe me, the maroon is peeling off the unsanded gold underneath. Original color is placer gold and I'm gonna repaint it that with a black vinyl top to break up all the gold. ;-) I'll probably my pull the 307, paint it and set it on a stand in my garage and drop in a 350 or 383. I actually have a 72 350 from another Chevelle. The 2v variety though. I love that it's not black inside, but I haven't been able to find any light covert (730) bench seat covers.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts