Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, So this past summer, I bought a 350 HO crate motor from GM (I know, it's cheating, but I built one from scratch last summer, and I had neither the time nor $ to do the same this year), and I thought "Great! I can reuse my old accessories, and not have to worry about spending $400 bucks on a new set up from March performance" (New pulleys, new brackets, new powersteering pump and remote reservoir). The same brackets worked just fine with the old motor (with all the same accessories, but it was so Ghetto-Rigged that I have serious qualms about doing the same thing to a brand new motor). With the old one it was *okay* because I knew I had to replace them, but by the time I had the $ to do so, the car wasn't running anyway due to an internal problem.
Well, I'm having issues with the powersteering pump and main drive belt. The main drive belt rubs up against the powersteering pump and if I run the motor, it will snap, causing all kinds of bad stuff to happen. *^&#)&%! Because of the headers, I'm not sure I can get all the old brackets in and still have everything be okay, not to mention the fact that the upper alternator arm is cracked (not good). I'm hoping that the solution to the problem will cost me under $100. All I need to do is figure out that solution. Help!--Amanda

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
If by "main drive belt" you mean the alternator belt, perhaps a shorter belt would raise the alternator higher and provide the needed clearance. I had to try a couple different ones to get mine to clear.

------------------
Pat Kelley
66 & 67 El Caminos

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.