Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

My name is Richard and I have a 67 Chevelle Malibu. My brother in law bought it back in the mid eighties and started drag racing it in the 90s. Originally had a 283/Powerglide combo and now has a 467/Lenco combo. The current engine and transmission only had 5 passes put on during a single outing back in 2003 and has been sitting ever since. The rubber inside the fuel lines leak throughout the lines and the closed pressure of the valve springs dropped to 195 from 220 but otherwise solid. He painted the car in his carport back in 1988 with the carport sealed off and still looks great except for the clear coat on the trunk lid that got damaged when the garage door was open in the mornings. After trying to buy it for years, he finally let me buy it a few months ago.

Last pass was a 10.9 back in 2003 launching at 4k as it sits now N/A with ET Drags. The goal that day was to just break into the 10s and a get feel for the new combo. My goal is to replace the fuel lines with PTFE lines, replace the valve springs, convert to disk brakes, then try to get a few high 10 second passes with video to see what the body is doing and go from there. I'm thinking rear sway bar and coil overs to replace the original springs will be next along with boxing the frame. Currently sits at 3300 pounds without the driver so it could use some weight loss.

Anyways, I am big fan of 64-67 Chevelle. When I was a kid, the first model kit I built was a 1/24 scale 67 Chevelle. I remember picking that kit because I thought it was the cleanest looking muscle car and I still do to this day. It is great that there seems to be an active place on the web with other people who share an interest in these cars. I look forward to reading the conversations here.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,530 Posts
Welcome Richard, to Team Chevelle.....:waving:

·
Premium Member
1968 Malibu sport coupe, 489 ci. 590 hp 600 tq, RV T-400 Freakshow 3200 stall, 3.73 12 bolt posi
8,740 Posts
Welcome to Team Chevelle, Nice Chevelle , cool history

·
Registered
617 Posts
Welcome.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts