Team Chevelle banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Mark... I have been doing my 70 chevelle for over 10 years.. I found the best advice is this... Make your project driveable as soon as possible.. This way you get to enjoy it as you proceed.. Of course I think that if cash is not a problem and you have the funds,then do it right and take the time and cash and jump with both feet. I bought mine as a driver with a small block,10 bolt, turbo350,bench seats etc...... Now.its motor a 468bb mild....432tq--348hp to the rear wheels,an m22,12 bolt,buckets etc... Last few things are in my future...body and paint.. Point....listen to your new friends,,, their info is sincere and free... good luck phil

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for the welcome everyone! Philbay, you are saying the same thing my Uncle told me. He started a 66 Skylark convertible 20 years ago, and it still ain't done. Needs Interior, and the body finished though the metal is all good now. Anyway, I think he wishes he were driving it. My car is a bondo bucket that has gone through what looks to be 2 or 3 rounds of botched floor and trunk metal patching. A lot of stuff is just hacked under the dash. I hope to do floor and trunk with new panels, then try to get the mechanicals in order.

·
Premium Member
1,588 Posts
Mark... I have been doing my 70 chevelle for over 10 years.. I found the best advice is this... Make your project driveable as soon as possible.. This way you get to enjoy it as you proceed.. Of course I think that if cash is not a problem and you have the funds,then do it right and take the time and cash and jump with both feet. I bought mine as a driver with a small block,10 bolt, turbo350,bench seats etc...... Now.its motor a 468bb mild....432tq--348hp to the rear wheels,an m22,12 bolt,buckets etc... Last few things are in my future...body and paint.. Point....listen to your new friends,,, their info is sincere and free... good luck phil
Phil:
I couldn't have said it better. There are many here who are fortunate enough to be able to fund a frame-off as soon as they get the car. Not so with me and I can't bear the thought of looking at it in the driveway until the money is there. I thought it would happen with my '69 camaro and i just lost the fire. I've been driving/restoring my '71 since day 1 and the obsession just keeps getting worse!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts