Chevelles.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thoughts on the price of this? Not sure what it being a Canadian car means from a valuation standpoint, but really like this car.

1969 Chevrolet Chevelle SS 396

32,000 miles
3 speed manual
$36,900

Description:

1969 Chevrolet Chevelle SS that is a Canadian built unit. This is a REAL DEAL SS with cowl tag confirming that this is a true 396 SS car. This is originally a Silver car (color code 62-2B) with black vinyl top. Black vinyl bucket seat interior (interior code 756). Paint on this car does show its age, but a presentable driver quality finish nonetheless. Riding on SS wheels with good rubber. Under the hood is an era correct 396 V8 that is paired with a 3-speed manual transmission. Canadian cowl tag tells us that this had bucket seats (A51), center console (D55), exterior ornamentation on the rear (B79), 3-speed manual transmission (MC1), and a 396 V8 (L34). Nicely equipped with power steering and power brakes! This has also had HEI ignition added also. Seats in nice shape, carpet has some wear. Aftermarket tachometer installed on the column as well. Great running and driving TRUE Chevrolet Chevelle SS!

Link:

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1969 Chevelle 2 Door Sport Coupe Malibu COPO clone
5,369 Posts
:cool: Nice car at a decent starting price (I looked at it on their website. It is a byte rough for 36K). The Canadian Cowl Data Tag confirms it is a real SS396 and not a clone (however, you'll want to contact all the previous owners to verify it's authenticity). I question the color tint as shown - it looks to me like it's not the original Cortez Silver paint, and therefore not the best paint job. When you got to look at it bring a small magnet along and look for body filler.

I'd say 30K is a good opening bid.

Do you live near the Twin Cities? You drive and buy me lunch and I'd be happy to help you look at it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:cool: Nice car at a decent starting price (however, I didn't look at it on their website). The Canadian Cowl Data Tag confirms it is a real SS396 and not a clone (however, you'll want to contact all the previous owners to verify it's authenticity). I question the color tint as shown - it looks to me like it's not the original Cortez Silver paint, and therefore not the best paint job. When you got to look at it bring a small magnet along and look for body filler.

I bet 33K and they'll sell.
For $33k its a decent deal if what they say is true regarding its authenticity?

·
Registered
5,369 Posts
:cool: Sorry I updated my response. Offer them 30 and see what they say. Let's go look at it!

·
Premium Member
8,511 Posts
Nice way to start out with a Chevelle in this day and age.Canadian cars can be authenticated by getting in touch with Canadian Historic Vehicles division.(I'm not sure if that's the exact name) They,for a fee will give you a write-up on how that car was equipped as it came from the factory or the dealer.This applies to all cars built and sold in Canada.Just another reason I love our neighbors to the north. 🏒 So if you can't get in touch with the previous owners this will be the best way to authenticate it.
BTW Welcome to Team Chevelle

Reactions: 427L88 and MaRx769

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:cool: Sorry I updated my response. Offer them 30 and see what they say. Let's go look at it!
I actually live in Mankato, close to the place selling the car. I'm really looking for a 1970, but came across this while there looking, yesterday.

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
Nice car! I would paint the hood and roof though, never liked vinyl after seeing all the rust thats usually under them.. Make sure there are no rust bubbles under the vinyl.. That would be so cool if it was a three on the tree car..

·
Premium Member
15,839 Posts
What John said.... the beauty of Canadian Chevelles is that there is a registry... oh,. and the body "colour" firewall is HOT! ... which is $$$$ to restore ....but HOT!

Unless there some real rot around, not a bad price. Again, to gussy it up all AACA like is probably not worth the $$$ spent. Yet for 30-32K as a driver.... LOOK CLOSELY and you shouldn't get hurt.

·
Registered
5,369 Posts
I actually live in Mankato, close to the place selling the car. I'm really looking for a 1970, but came across this while there looking, yesterday.
:cool: My friend, stay the course and find your '70. Don't settle for something you don't really want just because the price seems right. I had a '70 SS back in the day and believe me they are two different cars (styling and interior).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts