Chevelles.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so me and my dad got a 69 el camino as a project.

guy we bought it from said the cancellation cam was busted, so i got a new one and put it in (transfered all the springs and contacts) now i think the flasher is out too so thats not my concern at the moment. but my concern is that when i move the turn signal lever it doesnt click or anything. It just kind of goes where you put it without any resistance or clicking.

i think i'm missing 2 springs (werent there when dissasembled)

ive done some searching and couldnt find anything.

if anyone could point me in the right direction or provide with what part i need and where to buy from it would be greatly appreciated.

heres a link to the rest of my el camino pictures
el Camino

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
Yeah you are missing a couple of springs on the lower right hand side at the 4 o'clock position. Look at the same view in Tony's article and you will see them. These are fairly common junk yard items but if you need them drop me an e-mail with your address. I usually throw them away but I'm sure there's some around somewhere.
http://www.carcraft.com/howto/56459/

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats where i thought that i was missing them. so far this bike mechanic gone working on cars hasnt been too bad.

original parts group has 2 different springs, a left and a right, there 40 cents each, there under the steering column page (cant recall exactly what the names where because the catalog is at home)

thanks for the link.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts