Team Chevelle banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, was looking for a forum about my car and finally found it, well i got a 1968 Right hand drive (i am the 2nd owner, the 1st owner ordered it right hand drive) came with a straight 6 , currently got a 350 Small block in it. will try to get pics asap, but its @ the mechanic right now installin a hurst shifter i got my hands on :D. expect pics tomorrow!

·
Premium Member
1,588 Posts
Welcome Russell, from a fellow newcomer.

I think we need to plan a group trip to the Caribbean to welcome Russell in person ;-)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
sorry guys, will get pics up today, had some radiator issues yesterday :( ,will get pics for you guys today for sure, PS, i didnt know a Hurst V-Matic shifter was so much fun :) , although one of my belts jumped out when i was revving it in 2nd @ about 5000rpms :S

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
How cool is that? A Chevelle in the Caribbean!! :thumbsup:

Welcome!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
pics finally, i beg of you all , please dont flame me because i dont have alot of original stuff on it, but currently in the process of shipping them in from the states, oh heres a wow factor, this is the only one in my country! how cool is that? as i said earlier, the JDM market rules here, and i could prob count the amount of older american cars that are on the road on my fingers, without futher ado, heres the pics!:

Sorry about the engine bay pics, god damn fan threw around something and made a blasted couple holes in the radiator, so thats how it has semi-rusted water around the bay/engine

Oh can you guys make some sense of this for me please

as i said, plz dont bash me, im only 22 and got this car from my dad, he had it parked up like 3 years without even starting it,only got it back yesterday from the mech,and now this crap happened with the radiator. expect a follow up soon i guess. cheers!

·
Registered
1970 Malibu 2nd owner since 1999 350 M20 Misty Turquoise pearl int bench AT/MT swapped by myself
209 Posts
Cool! Thanks for the pics.

I don't think you will have to worry about getting 'flamed' on these boards as most of us are pretty nice (a bit grumpy from time to time but overal nice :) ).

I'm not very savvy when it comes to worldly things but that is a very LARGE rear license plate! Is that how all front plates are in your country or is that some kind of 'collector' or 'historic' plate?

A right hand drive chevelle would DEFINITELY turn heads in this country!

Congrats and be sure to keep us updated on your progress.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome guys,and @ NVMYMalibu just here you gotta have your plates in this size , its law, or so they say, and yes, all plates are like this in my country, you must have plates both front and rear , as for the PL, thats kinda tellin how old the car is, right now we are in PCC plates, so you could get the idea :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts