Team Chevelle banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks, just writing to say hey & ask a question already.
I’ve very recently just acquired this ‘64 Malibu. It’s said to be an original ‘15K mile car. Was a factory 283/4spd car but is now a sbc400/T5 car. So far I absolutely love it. Plan on upgrading to disc brakes all around and exhaust and cosmetics of course.

so the question, would this be the only emission decal fo this car. Going through the process of transferring title and they need to see the emission decal first.
Thx

Attachments

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Can not help you with emissions sticker. But the amount of money you want to spends might help here. As far as brakes you could go with a entire kit of just some 1970 Chevell front disk brakes. The steering is not great on these I would suggest a new steering box from Global West. You might want to look at their website and see what else you want to buy. Money and time are key along with your ability / tools needed to do things or not do things.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Can not help you with emissions sticker. But the amount of money you want to spends might help here. As far as brakes you could go with a entire kit of just some 1970 Chevell front disk brakes. The steering is not great on these I would suggest a new steering box from Global West. You might want to look at their website and see what else you want to buy. Money and time are key along with your ability / tools needed to do things or not do things.
Thanks. I have a spare b-body with all wheel discs but doubt that set up is a direct bolt on. A power booster and reservoir came with the purchase of the car. I priced a kit and and I believe it was about $1,500 with booster and other hardware.

·
Premium Member
Rochester, New York
1,822 Posts
Welcome to Team Chevelle.
I also cannot help you with your question, but that is pretty interesting your state needs an emission decal in order to transfer ownership. Where are you located - Cali.?

I'm in NY, and as strict as our DMV is - they don't ask for that!

Reactions: hmblgoat

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome to Team Chevelle.
I also cannot help you with your question, but that is pretty interesting your state needs an emission decal in order to transfer ownership. Where are you located - Cali.?

I'm in NY, and as strict as our DMV is - they don't ask for that!
Yup - Cali. It makes 0 sense considering that this cat needs no smog/emissions check. Even went to a 3rd party VIN verifier and they looked for that sticker first. Same with the AAA agent. 🤷🏼‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️😒

·
Registered
1964 Chevrolet Chevelle Malibu 4 door
2,421 Posts
Welcome to the site! I've done a good bit of wrenching on my 64 that might benefit you, I normally check in daily, start some threads with questions, there's a LOT of knowledgeable guys on here that will help you along the way.

I did a budget LS1 brake upgrade on my car, got the rotors, brackets, and calipers from a 2000 V6 camaro and made them work.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Welcome to the site! I've done a good bit of wrenching on my 64 that might benefit you, I normally check in daily, start some threads with questions, there's a LOT of knowledgeable guys on here that will help you along the way.

I did a budget LS1 brake upgrade on my car, got the rotors, brackets, and calipers from a 2000 V6 camaro and made them work.

That’s awesome. Thanks for sharing. I forgot I have a set of LS1 GTO rotors/calipers in the shed! I’m sure the hardware will differ but at least it’s a starting point.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts