Team Chevelle banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:D hi everyone,just dropped in the forum for the first time. i live in canada and have had this 1970 chevelle ss 396 for 2 years. here is a description of the car---
1970 chevelle SS 396 (402) 350 hp L34 motor. Z25 (ZL3) ss 396 super sport car. M20 4 spd transmission with original muncie shifter and 2 piece handle. 12 bolt 3:31 rear end. manual steering. black bench seat interior with full gauges and am radio / rear speaker. D88 cowl induction hood. all numbers matching drive train with build sheet,documents and window sales sheet. a true survivor car with just one repaint done in 1993 on the original body panels. car never had a frame off and it is exactly like the day it left the factory with everything matching the build sheet. a true cranberry red car. an original north carolina car that still drives like new with 107,000 miles, built in the atlanta georgia plant.:hurray:

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Very nice car, did you do the resto yourself?
car has one repaint from 1993,motor and trans where also rebuilt once in 1993. this was done by the third owner of the car. i am the fifth owner and car still has the same paint from 1993 which replaced the original paint.it also has the original interior.
this car has never had a frame off resto but in the past two years i did detail the hell out of the car myself. i also replaced any part that did not belong with correct parts only because it had some original upgrades like sport steering wheel,power steering and am/fm radio.car is now back to exactly what it had on the build sheet,no extras at all.the undercarriage is still very clean with all its original parts,even the gas tank is original.

in march i entered the car in the biggest indoor car show in the toronto area called "Performance World",i was very pleased that the car won "class champion" and also a very special award for "best original gm" car in the show.

the car is truely the next best thing to an unrestored survivor with one repaint ever!

·
Registered
5,696 Posts
Hello Dan. Thanks for sharing the pics. Very nice job.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Welcome and suuuuper nice 70!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts