Team Chevelle banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All!

this site is great, viewed it yesterday for the first time and answered alot of my questions in the first few minutes just by browzing,

I live near St Louis Mo, and im in process of restoring my Dads 1965 malibu, its a 2 dr hardtop, 283 4 speed car, he restored it in 1981:D , so its going to be a real pleasure stripping all the 27 year old paint off the car, its amazingly solid, 53xxx miles on her, 80 in the last 4 years or so, i cant wait to get her done and hand the keys to him, ive been procrastinating starting on it for 4 or 5 years:beers: , so i finally dove in head first, I got the front clip yanked off of it, and all the chrome trim and mldgs, next is get the front and rear glass out of it so i cant start the stripping and priming, i have a list of things i want to do to it! 4 wheel discs, new wheels and tires, freshen up the engine and muncie, rebuild front suspension, clean up frame and replace body bushings!, the interior is mint:thumbsup: , so i dont even have to open the doors except ofcourse to strip and refinish the jambs!

ive got lots of 35 mm photos but no digitals yet, im going to start a log of photos of the process and keep them on the pc, then ill be able to share them!

i look forward to being a member!:D

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
WOW.....cool deal.....a few of us here have 65's. Wasn't my first pick....but I stuck it out and she's starting to look like a car and it's growing on me. btw if you do the disc brake conversion....I have funny bit of news to relay on the brakes from PST.

Congrats and welcome.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
PST??

i saw the 800$ cheap conversion post here yesterday that looks pretty easy, plus i manage a collision center so i can get all the parts for cost, thay may be the route i take,

so whats the funny news??

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
my "conversion kit" for my 65SS,was purchased from PST Performance Suspension Tech, the set up has been on the car for 5plus years....but I just got to puttin on new lines and MC back in Sept., .....I broke the valve for the emergency brake or RR.....I go to a parts house....we look at 70-98 EVR THING Montes', Grand PRix, Lumina...you NAME it........so the following Monday I call PST....."oh sir that set up came off of a 88 Thunderbird!!!!!!".............I said ..."ya GOT to be kidding me" so I go back to my parts guy...sure enough it was a perfect match.

·
Premium Member
1,478 Posts
HI there! Another Missourian with a velle! WHOOHOOOOOO!!!:thumbsup:
ALRIGHTY NOW!
Welcome aboard!:cool:
The people here are great...even tho there are a few we talk about - remind me to tell you later about them in an email. ;)
No really...best site on the web!!!
Welcome!!!!

rachael anne :waving:

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Thanks Chev65, I can't believe all that for under 8 thou! Under 10 and she'll look great! I "assumed" that the new tank that was put in from the previous owner ....he would have spent the 60 bucks for the fuel sending unit......it leaks so I'm gonna do that tomorrow ...next will be the steering column repair or REPLACEMENT:sad: It seems to have issues that I should have gotten to before now....but was reluctant to dive into.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.