Team Chevelle banner

New gears are in! Now what carburetor?

1K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  oregonchevelle 
#1 ·
I got the 3.73s put in and now am looking to put on a new carb. What would you all suggest. It is a 355 with single pattern cam 454 lift & 216 duration. 4 speed manual in a 3600lb chevelle. performer intake and trick flow heads.

#3 ·
I'm shooting in the dark here, but I'm guessing that this car will be more of a street driven vehicle. If so, Check the the holley street avenger series. I've had good luck with them. It's nice being able to get them with or without an electric choke, and the vacuum secondaries help with the gas. I've got a 670 on my 355 with edelbrock aluminum heads and 268*/288* .398/.442 duration on a 112 LSA. Bolted it on and went. The squirter was the only thing I changed.

-JP

-U beat me to it Tom.

#10 ·
speed demon 650, got it when I had an auto so i went vacuum secondaries, but when I had it at the local performance shop here for inspection (no qq tags for me :/) I had him dial it in and man does it run perfect.

Combo very similar to yours..

You ran a 13.87 with the 3.08's? Pretty impressive man, gives me hope haha.

#11 ·
Yes we look to have a very similar setup. I think I will go to a Holley 300-36 or an Edelbrock Performer RPM now for an intake. Just gonna have to use a drop element to get it to fit under my hood. Yes I ran 13.87 last year with 3.08s and am looking forward to seeing if I get any improvement now with the 3.73s!

#13 ·
Yes we look to have a very similar setup. I think I will go to a Holley 300-36 or an Edelbrock Performer RPM now for an intake.
You might want to stick with Performer RPM, or go with the new Weiand Stealth manifolds. The 300-36 is older runner design, good though as it is. The Weiand was produced to surpass the Performer RPM. You just can't go wrong with an RPM and a spacer.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.