Team Chevelle banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Premium Member
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed my new Gardner exhaust system. To say that it fit like a glove wouldn't do it justice. Eric and his team out there are top-shelf. This stuff was packaged for shipment so good, I might let them do my Christmas presents! :thumbsup:

Not wanting to scratch the aluminized coating I took a few precautions that I'd like to share in case it helps anyone.
1. During the initial test fits, I left the thick plastic tubing on the long sections to protect them from the inevitable bashing that happens when you're laying on your back doing the job. After the head ends are connected, just slide the tubes off.
2. Lay out the cardboard so the parts aren't scratched by the floor.
3. Instead of supporting the tail end of the exhaust pipes with boards while connecting the head ends like the instructions say, I stretched bungees from frame rail to frame rail, thereby creating a soft, flexible safety net that held the pipes up very well.

Hope this helps.

· Premium Member
12,365 Posts
I did mine with Gardner and it sure is some nice exhaust only took me like 2 hours to do it from the top side.

· Premium Member
2,801 Posts
1badSS396, thanks for the link. It sounds awesome. The chassis looks great also. Once I remove the body to replace the floor pans I will be working on the chassis.

· Premium Member
3,413 Posts
Rich, Thanks for the tips on install, I found out about them from BillL (Ark68SS) I hope to put mine on my 68SS in a couple weeks. I was really impressed when the owner of the company called me and informed me it was shipped and thanked me for my business.

· Registered
525 Posts
The pics and videos on this post have greatly inspired me. I just brought my 70 LS5 home this week. I coudnt decide were to start. After see this post I know what to do now. My summer goal is to have a running rolling chassis such as this.
Awesome pics!!!! Great help!!!!! I love the sound !!!!! Wow I hope mine rumbles like that.

· Premium Member
12,365 Posts
They are 14" P245/60/14 I just bought those for the frame work they are bran new when I get the car done I will put a set of blue or red lines on it, just have not decided about it for now.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.