Team Chevelle banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Things did not go as planned this past winter (suprise, suprise). Wife & I found a local body shop to install a new trunk floor and pass compartment floor. Basically, the floor from the firewall to the rear bumper. We take it there tomorrow (05/03/08). Price seems reasonable, shop has a good rep in town, and they'll use goodmark parts. They're also gonna have to do some patching on the inner wheel wells, replace both sides inner & outer rockers.

Currently the car has bucket seats from an unknown origin. Wife doesn't like them and wants to find buckets more original to the car. The body shop says, and I quote "we will install the current seats but make the holes bigger for the future". To me, this doesn't sound right.

The questions.....
1 - Wont the new pass compartment floor have holes in the factory locations? or am I expecting to much from re-pop parts?
2 - Regarding different seats, if Im correct about question #1, what donor car(s) will fit?

Thanks inadvance.
Have fun......don t. ......

·
Registered
278 Posts
The floor pans I used didn't come with any holes at all. Factory pans have holes with nuts welded underneath for bench seats then they used adaptor brackets to mount buckets

·
Registered
20,389 Posts
The nuts are welded to the braces, not the floor, for both the seats and the seat belts except for the inner mounts for the bucket seats, which are on plates welded to the pan. The floor pan should have holes that line up with the nuts on the braces. It's possible he might have to enlarge them slightly.

·
Premium Member
7,681 Posts
I got a Goodmark one piece floor, it was all set up for bucket seat's. Pretty slick unit, I am very happy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.