Team Chevelle banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
7,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have I decided to give it a whirl. I have my masters liscense, I have all the tools and equipment, and I already carry insurance, the only thing I don't have is a business name.

So I am going to pick your brains for some good names for an electrical company. I don't want to use my last name as it is too hard for people to correctly pronounce. I do want something professional sounding, and not hoaky. I really don't like the names like "victory electric" or "best electric" and stuff like that. I have a few ideas I am tossing around, but I thought maybe some of you could throw a few more suggestions in the hat.

What do you have for a good electrical company name?

Jeff

·
Registered
18,901 Posts
wires and stuff..

·
Premium Member
8,636 Posts
Joes Home Electric Service
" We can fix your SHORTS "
" You wont blow a fuse with our service "
" We can light up your life "
" Call Joes Lighting or " Buy a flashlight "
Candle light dinner !! Call Joes Lighting
Our Service Techs are realy WIRED !

Bob:thumbsup:

·
Banned
894 Posts
My brother-in-law is a self employed electrican and does really well for himself and the family, so lots of luck to you!
His buisness name is just his last name, Casey Electric. But I can see how you would want something different. Something catchy but yet short and sweet like......
" Wirenut "

·
Registered
7,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My brother-in-law is a self employed electrican and does really well for himself and the family, so lots of luck to you!
His buisness name is just his last name, Casey Electric. But I can see how you would want something different. Something catchy but yet short and sweet like......
" Wirenut "
Thats good to hear. I know I did a lot of numbers running lately and it does appear completely feasable to do. Currently I am in a financial situation that if things don't take off fast or well for a bit, it is not going to affect us. So now is the best time to do something like this. We have a good number of large electrical shops in this area. I figure I can keep my overhead at a minimum by using one of my two garages as shop space, and I already own the tools. If I work by myself I don't have all the extra workers comp costs and such, I should be able to easily beat anll the large shops prices. Plus I thoroughly enjoy doing service call work, which many large shops don't like to send guys out for piddly work. I am actually going to target service work first.

I actually would like to use my last name as the company name, but the way it's spelled, which is Piette, is actually pronounced like Pate, and it gets massacered quite often.

My wife suggested AMP electric as those are my first daughters initials. That sounds kind of hoaky to me though.

A couple names I am considering are things like"Electrical Services Inc." or "Electrical Concepts". The second one I think would be better if I were targeting new home construction as my main business, but I would like to target service work, which the first one kind of plays on.

Jeff

·
Registered
7,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Also the big thing used to be to start your company name with the first possible A in the phone book to go after service calls because people just start at the top and work their way in. I am going to do a large ad in the phone book that describes my services right up front, so hopefully the large ad will draw the attention away from the start calling at the A's people. I think it will for the most part. The whole A...... thing has been worked to death.

Jeff

·
Banned
9,472 Posts
I don`t have anything to offer name wise but I think it`s funny that your wife wanted to use your daughters initials. I plan to have my own business at some point in my life and thought about using my daughters initials too. AMP electric sounds pretty catchy though because there are "amps" in electricity. I`m actually considering trying to get on with a big electrical contractor out here as a entry level. I put in my resume and the guy called me but i had already taken a job at another shop that paid more than a entry level electrical job but I`m really thinking about it the last week or so. Time for a change I think. Sorry to ramble about my own stuff. Good luck with the new business. I`m sure you`ll do fine regardless of the name you pick. Once you get going your reputation will stand out more than your name.

·
Registered
7,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You don't think Amp electric is kind of corny sounding? Maybe my wife is right and I am way over thinking this and should just go with what people will remember, corny or not.

By the way Anthony, good luck in your new electrical career if you decide to go that route. I have done it for a long time now, and never looked back, I love doing it. Plus in most states you don't have to worry about an illegal stealing your job as most states require liscenses and I know my master exam was a bear, in wisconsin it is only a 17% passing rate. If you choose to go that route, or have any questions prior feel free to ask.

Jeff

·
Premium Member
7,681 Posts
You can pay to be listed twice, once as Your company name, whatever it may be. Get a second listing as something starting with a(aaa electrical) but the same phone number as the other listing. That's how My FIL has His business listed.

Until You've owned Your Own Biz, You don't know. I can't believe the stuff that come's out of the woodwork. Good luck.

·
Banned
9,472 Posts
You don't think Amp electric is kind of corny sounding? Maybe my wife is right and I am way over thinking this and should just go with what people will remember, corny or not.

By the way Anthony, good luck in your new electrical career if you decide to go that route. I have done it for a long time now, and never looked back, I love doing it. Plus in most states you don't have to worry about an illegal stealing your job as most states require liscenses and I know my master exam was a bear, in wisconsin it is only a 17% passing rate. If you choose to go that route, or have any questions prior feel free to ask.

Jeff
I don`t think it`s corny at all. I see stuff like that on trucks or businesses I tend to remember them more than the regular "mom n pop" names although using your name works good too.

Thanks for the offer to pick your brain. I`ll probably take you up on it. The company I`m interested in requires you to be in some sort of apprentice program as well as working. The guy said after about 4 years I would be at journyman level. I`ve been wrenching on bikes for 6 years now and doing side work to try to get going on my own but it`s just too tough plus I`m ready for something that offers a better future for my family.

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Do what everyone around here does, put the word precision in there somewhere! In a 3 mile radius there is:
Precision Electrical
Precision Alignment
Precision Powdercoat
Precision Pinstripe
etc...
I want to start a company and call it something along the lines of:
"Not Quite Precise But Still Really Really Good Alignment!"

1 - 20 of 67 Posts