Team Chevelle banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
7,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright so after a lot of thought I ended up doing what I said I didn't want to do. The biggest reason being that without my parents, none of this would even be possible. So I figured I owe them a lot, and thus that led to..........

What do you guys think? Is the logo Ok, or should I change it up a bit? Keep in mind my main area I am after is residential, and my target is everything but new construction. Not to say that I wouldn't jump on doing new homes right now, but I am not targeting that particular area.

Jeff

·
Registered
18,901 Posts
looks fine, but that house kinda does look like it needs a good carpenter more than an electrician.

·
Premium Member
8,794 Posts
How do you pronounce it, it looks like p teete kind of or is it p atte or is p ette or p et?

Not trying to give you a hard time, but its something to think about, I know I'm not the sharpest tool in the box, but theres more out there just like me.:)

Your name and word of mouth will be bringing in business, but your asking for opinions, I would get a more common name.

·
Registered
7,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
looks fine, but that house kinda does look like it needs a good carpenter more than an electrician.

Do you not like the looks of that house?

I guess I was after something that looked more like an older home than a new home, if you get where I am trying to go with that.

Jeff

·
Registered
7,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How do you pronounce it, it looks like p teete kind of or is it p atte or is p ette or p et?

Not trying to give you a hard time, but its something to think about, I know I'm not the sharpest tool in the box, but theres more out there just like me.:)

Your name and word of mouth will be bringing in business, but your asking for opinions, I would get a more common name.

It is actually pronounced like "pate", which is the number one reason I did not want to use my last name. BUT. After a lot of thinking on it, I couldn't come up with anything more fitting that would honor my parents than that. If it weren't for my parents, and the money they left me in their passing, I could never have even afforded to think about doing this. I know it will get massacred, but I would rather have people mispronounce it and I can live with the fact that my parents are somewhat included than any other option. As I told my wife, I don't care if people call me and mispronounce, as long as they call me ;)

Jeff

·
Premium Member
3,094 Posts
How about adding a small Lightning Bolt through the name. Starting at the Two-o'clock postion and ending at the Eight-o'clock position?

Respectfully,
John R.

·
Premium Member
8,794 Posts
What is your mother and Dads first name, maybe combine the two or parts of them and make a name from that?

·
Premium Member
8,794 Posts
I just reread your original post, so it appears you are set on your parents last name, I'm throwin in the towel.:)

·
Registered
7,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What is your mother and Dads first name, maybe combine the two or parts of them and make a name from that?
It's Barb and John, and we tried so many diffrent ways to do that as well, we just couldn't come up with anything that we liked at all.

Jeff

·
Registered
7,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I just reread your original post, so it appears you are set on your parents last name, I'm throwin in the towel.:)
I know it will probably won't help me having a name many can't pronounce correctly, but to be honest most people in this area can actually get it right. We have a somewhat big and wealthy family, so the name is known around here a bit. At least it is with the older folks.

Jeff

·
Registered
42 Posts
Jeff,
the layout is very nice. However the red text with the brown house seems like it could be better. Also be prepared to lose the drop shadow when you need you printed on things(silk screening allows only solid colors) Good work so far 'Jeff

·
Registered
7,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Jeff,
the layout is very nice. However the red text with the brown house seems like it could be better. Also be prepared to lose the drop shadow when you need you printed on things(silk screening allows only solid colors) Good work so far 'Jeff

The colors I am still working on sort of. What would you suggest as a better color combo? This will be going on the side of a white Chevy Express Van. I figured I would lose some of it putting it on shirts and jackets and such, which isn't too big a deal really.

In playing with the colors, another I like is the same color combo as above, except change the house to a brighter yellow color. It kind of makes it feel bright and cheery (no way of saying that and remaining masculine).

Jeff

·
Premium Member
1,955 Posts
How about "Bar-J Electrical" Jeff? Pretty easy to remember, definately easy to pronounce, and honors your parents memory. I like it.:D

Regarding the house; I have to admit that the first thing I thought when I saw it is "the house is an amateur-ish attempt" and didn't invoke confidence that he electrician is professional. JMO, of course.

Good luck with the new business.

Dan

·
Registered
20,389 Posts
I like it . The house looks like my house - all crooked and sunken :)

The roof looks like it was done by a bunch of people who weren't exactly sure what they were doing, though :) Perhaps you should add a random hot chick to distract people

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
Don't forget Jeff, people are going to remember the GOOD SERVICE you gave them more than anything. Provide a good product and your company name will get around no matter how it's spelled.

·
Registered
13,007 Posts
Here's another tip. Make the name start with "A", and the earlier in the "A"'s, the better. Look in your local phone book under electricians. Surveys conducted show that people often call the first name in the category listing.
If you're stuck on the name, then you might do something like a local truck shop does here... Their name is Koesters, and their business cards have, in the swoop underneath the name, this... "say...Kes-ter"

·
Registered
7,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I like it . The house looks like my house - all crooked and sunken :)

The roof looks like it was done by a bunch of people who weren't exactly sure what they were doing, though :) Perhaps you should add a random hot chick to distract people
Like you weren't distracted by that random hot chick as well. Unless Brandi is reading this, then I couldn't get you to look at that random hot chick for anything :D

1 - 20 of 33 Posts