Team Chevelle banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been on site for a while and just haven’t did a post so thought I introduce myself and my car. I have got a lot of info here and planning on doing some post that might help others. I bought this 66 Chevelle a year ago for a family project ( I needed more projects) was going to buy a new challenger but where’s the fun in that. Any way got this 66 and am doing a full body off restoration with LS swap. We plan on doing everything our selfs. I think I gave to much for the car but the days of getting a classic for a grand r goin, but when done will have less in it than that challenger and the body is in great shape. Little body work, center trunk and Dutchman panel and that’s it. First pick is where the car is today
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Bumper Gas

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Window

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Land vehicle

· Premium Member
Rochester, New York
2,225 Posts
Little body work, center trunk and Dutchman panel and that’s it.
If that is all the rust you found - then you scored big time!
Welcome to the site, and keep us posted :cool:

Reactions: 68Malibu

· Premium Member
3,403 Posts
Welcome to team Chevelle XrayBill!
Good project car and you are well into it now! Good luck and keep us posted on how you're doing!

Casey

· Premium Member
1968 Malibu sport coupe, 489 ci. 590 hp 600 tq, RV T-400 Freakshow 3200 stall, 3.73 12 bolt posi
12,800 Posts
Welcome, looks like a very solid car to start with 👍🙂

· Premium Member
15,216 Posts
Welcome to the site. Way to dive in and restore your 66.

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Welcome, looks like you have a great project, and hope your build goes smoothly. 1966 was always one of my favorite years for the Chevelle.
Thanks It’s going good so far and I didn’t have too much of a preference when we started looking but my wife’s favorite was 65 to 67 body style so we landed in the middle. It being her favorite makes it easier on me when dropping money into it👍

1 - 18 of 18 Posts