Team Chevelle banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone noticed a general decline in the fit and finish of newer cars?

I've been noticing that both American and Japanese cars seem to have gotten worse, especially in the fit of the body panels. The German cars seem to have gotten better.

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
No. Quite the opposite when looking at my neighbor's new Impala. Very slick and very nice!

I have seen some serious orange peel on all types of cars & trucks though.

·
Premium Member
3,042 Posts
I haven't noticed, maybe because they don't make a car I'd be interested in buying any more..........now, that may change with the new Camero.....

·
Registered
7,127 Posts
Orange peel, for sure....but mostly the fact that I can literally put a bend or ding into a panel of damn near any car out there with my pinky. I swear beer cans are thicker guage then body panels and crap they use nowdays.

Panel alignment - the ONLY one that I ALWAYS see and that always drives me insane because they are never installed right are the font bumpers of 00-05 Silverados and GMC Sierras. I think they get installed by blind people with vertigo and no thumbs.

·
Registered
15,815 Posts
I don't pay that close of attention to anything newer than '96 (the last full-frame V8 RWD solid-axle car GM built) so I haven't noticed... The only thing I notice is when panels don't match. Chrysler Concorde & Dodge Intrepid in the light gold color ALWAYS have a rear bumper a shade darker than the rest of the car. :eek:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts