Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, bad news. My dad went to get my new car and...it had a terrible paint job, orange peel all over, rusted out floor boards, not even a an original 454 car, a 350 hp 396 SS. Gross engine compartment, undercoated all underneath, no frame off resto. like it was supposed to be. You think people would be straight foward w/ you when you are driving 9+ hours. Needless to say I didnt buy it. I am however still debating on selling my car. It would be nice to put 13 grand in the bank, and now that I am in school I basically wont get to work on it for the next 4 years or even drive it. I am thinking sell it and once I get out of school buy another and do it how I really want to. So much for a $11,000 LS-6 too good to be true.

------------------

ACES member #3339
Owner of 69' SS396 Chevelle and soon to be owner of 70' LS-6

·
Registered
313 Posts
Bummer. If it helps to know, I would have risked the time to get a shot at the car, too. I saw your ride, you should have no trouble getting what you want if the rest of the car is anything like the exterior. Good hunting.
john

·
Registered
165 Posts
Don't sell your car until you are ready to get the next one. If your gonna be away for 4 years put it in storage the right way. When you get ready to get that LS-6 your car will be the inflation beater. The way prices are going up and good cars get harder to find, it makes sense to me!

·
Registered
138 Posts
I agree with FINE69. I lugged my two cars around for over 10 years before I was able to work on them right. Cars are getting hard to find.

------------------

·
Registered
167 Posts
I agree with FINE69 and Tom, I wrestled with the idea of selling my current Chevelle while in school. Even for a couple years after getting out of school, living in an apartment, no time, place or money to work on it, had all I could do to keep it driveable (and it's a decent car, just repairing the things that wear out on a 20-30 year old car is a big job if you drive it any amount). Now that I have my own house with GARAGE, and have some money to spend on my car (it's never enough) I'm so glad I held on to it. When I see the rough cars people are starting in on projects with (sounds like that supposed LS-6 was one), and hearing what they pay for them, I am extra happy I kept mine. I owe a lot of my self control to my wife, who has vowed that she is looking out for my best intrests, and would not let me sell my car without having another one lined up and/or purchased. In any event, just store it, you'll be glad you did.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Yup, I gotta agree with everyone else. The prices on these cars are rising faster than anything. You can't get a good deal on one of these anymore, so you're best bet is to put it away. If you're lookin for 13 grand now, it'll be worth $20 by the time you get outta school. I'm a junior in college rihgt now, and I'm glad i have my chevelle over christmas and summer breaks.

------------------
Ian McDermott
1970 Chevelle SS 396
Gold Member #101
E-mail: [email protected]
Web page: www.columbia.edu/~ijm6/chevelle (This should work...)
ICQ UIN: 3923441

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.