Team Chevelle banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So,

Been struggling with motivation to get the car out this year. But my good friends Mike and Corey (67TurboChevelle) sent me messages today to get off my butt and come out and run. Just a street legal play night.

So I did. I had put the 150 jets in last weekend for our HeadsUpNW race only to have a crappy rain day, and never even took the car out.

So went out tonight....didn't want to be a no show once again. (I'm getting a reputation)

First pass, on the motor with E10 in the tank....we haven't had to run this until this year.
10.14 @ 131. Mph off no doubt to the fine fuel. But it stuck like glue and drove straight as a string. 1.44 60 ft, typical with the 3.73's.

Turned the bottle on and just rolled into the throttle off the line.
9.74 @ 143 with a lazy 1.63 60ft.

Next run. Rolled into it a bit sooner.
9.49 @ 143 with a 1.48 60 ft.

The bottle pressure was down, 800 psi. (Listen to me talking like a nitrous guy)
So I warmed it best I could w/o killing the battery. Got it to 875, and figured, lets try a full leave and see what happens.

Holy Shyte.....all I see is the track disappear and know the car dead hooked and I better shift. Carries the wheels way out, set's em down nice and I somehow go right to third. Then back to second and back to third. Scared the crap out of me!

Get the ticket, and it says, 1.32 60 ft, 5.99 @ 115.6 1/8 mile and 9.41 @ 142.49 1/4 mile.
If I wouldn't have messed up the shift....I have no idea how I did that, it would have been a 9.30 run.

I called it a night. I have 4 full passes on this bottle, including last year, and I want to check plugs and all that. I know I was conservative on the nitrous fuel pressure.

But damn....what a rush!

Corey was running a bunch of bracket like 9.60's @ 143 as well. By the time I post this, he may have turned it up a bit and kicked my butt.

The funny thing? This was street legal night. One track prep. Before we get there. I drive this heap to the track, bolt on the Hoosier 9" radials, and it dead hooks and runs a 1.32? The supposed better track down south that drags, scrapes, dusts and sprays, well my car spun like a bitch every run last year.

BTW.....drove it in, drove it home!

Ron

·
Registered
6,231 Posts
Way to go!! You're flying! It's going to be killer when you really *step on it*!

Congratulations!

JIM

·
Registered
308 Posts
I'm sad my sorry ass was still in the pits when you made the pass, so I guess you will just have to repeat it :D
The most impressive part of what you pulled off is your 60ft on the 9" tire:thumbsup:
Congrats and welcome to a new addiction of wanting it every pass:yes:

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm sad my sorry ass was still in the pits when you made the pass, so I guess you will just have to repeat it :D
The most impressive part of what you pulled off is your 60ft on the 9" tire:thumbsup:
Congrats and welcome to a new addiction of wanting it every pass:yes:
Thanks Corey. Appreciate the inspiration.
Funny how diff the power curve is isn't it?
I think I'm primed for tomorrow night....depending on the weather.
Fun stuff.
Ron

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
N20 starts is awesome... Youll get a real "seat-to bucket feeling", problem is, its easy to add more of that feeling ;)

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
Awesome Ron :thumbsup:.....that thing loves the juice!!!!
You are making me want some of that good stuff :D
I can't believe you are only using a 150 shot yet.
Damnnnnn 9.40's with a 150 shot, that is impressive.

Congrats! :hurray:

:beers:

Brian

·
Registered
13,351 Posts
There is no two ways about it. that's flying. And the best part is, you really do not have an exotic setup. Not to down play it, but your motor combo is simple - 498" stroker w/ AFR heads and a solid roller. Do you even have a port matched intake? Nova's were/are the most underated cars to ever come off the assembly line that are just made for drag racing. Lite wt, wheelbase, everything about them is just right.

Congrats.

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
Launch pics??

·
Registered
632 Posts
what is your suspension setup front / rear?

I have a g body that im trying to get to hook and need some advice
im running upper and lower south side rear control arms and i put lowering springs on the car wich i will swap out with suggested springs or the common moroso drag springs i want this car to hook

engine being built currently
gen 5 454 stroker 496 / 498 dont know what the overbore is yet, Shawn will tell me what it is soon
around 9 to 1 using e85 fuel
h beam rods
forged crank
forged pistons
solid roller cam 267 271 714 681 on a 112
Weiand 256 10psi boost, I know this is possible I spoke to holley and they said it possible
i need this to hook
any advice is really appreciated

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
what is your suspension setup front / rear?

I have a g body that im trying to get to hook and need some advice
im running upper and lower south side rear control arms and i put lowering springs on the car wich i will swap out with suggested springs or the common moroso drag springs i want this car to hook

engine being built currently
gen 5 454 stroker 496 / 498 dont know what the overbore is yet, Shawn will tell me what it is soon
around 9 to 1 using e85 fuel
h beam rods
forged crank
forged pistons
solid roller cam 267 271 714 681 on a 112
Weiand 256 10psi boost, I know this is possible I spoke to holley and they said it possible
i need this to hook
any advice is really appreciated
G-bodies hook quite well.

Most important is the front suspension.

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
Congrats, sounds like another nitrous addict !

You get the N/F ration worked out a little better you will have your 9.30 run for sure.

I noticed the mph was a little down on the last pass, you will probably only get 3-4 good passes out of a 10 lbs bottle with your set up.

·
Premium Member
13,692 Posts
Nice times Ron, how far is the track from your house? The local track here is 34 miles one way which makes for an expensive tow bill if it breaks ;)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts