Team Chevelle banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im ready to bolt my heads on, There chevy aluminum big block, Im using the fel pro MLS gasket should I torque them to 75lbs for the long bolts and 65lbs for the short ones like chevy recommends, And do I have to retorque when using this mls gasket after breakin? thanks for info.....mike

·
Premium Member
13,104 Posts
Im ready to bolt my heads on, There chevy aluminum big block, Im using the fel pro MLS gasket should I torque them to 75lbs for the long bolts and 65lbs for the short ones like chevy recommends, And do I have to retorque when using this mls gasket after breakin? thanks for info.....mike
=
I use 70-75 for all the bolts with oil under the heads & sealant on the threads if a stock block
Was this block plate honed with the same gasket & do you know what torque was used when it was done?
This is the torque I would recommend

No you do not need to retorque MLS gaskets

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Mike, I do not know about the torque plate but I did ask to have it on when boring out the cylinders, My cam card says 30 lash what do you recommend I lash it to for a new motor? Thanks...Mike

·
Premium Member
13,104 Posts
Thanks Mike, I do not know about the torque plate but I did ask to have it on when boring out the cylinders, My cam card says 30 lash what do you recommend I lash it to for a new motor? Thanks...Mike
.024 cold will put you real close :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts