Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently a friend of mine was helping a buddy of his clean out a garage. The buddy had an old Chevy DELCO radio that he knew nothing about and was ready to throw it out. My friend rescued it and gave it to me.

There are no external identifying marks or tags on the radio. It is a tube type. I would like to get it to someone who is restoring a classic Chevrolet. Anyone able to ID the year and model(s) of Chevrolet that this would have come in? See pix.

Thanks!
Greg

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,507 Posts
59-60 Impala.

Reactions: LeoP

·
Premium Member
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
59-60 Impala.
Randy, it appears that you are absolutely correct. Knowing what to look for, I went on eBay and found several that match. Looks correct for 59-60 Impala, Belair, Biscayne and El Camino.

Thanks for the help! This is what T.C. is all about.

Greg

·
Premium Member
4,507 Posts
Randy, it appears that you are absolutely correct. Knowing what to look for, I went on eBay and found several that match. Looks correct for 59-60 Impala, Belair, Biscayne and El Camino.

Thanks for the help! This is what T.C. is all about.

Greg
I remembered the design from my Dad's 60 Biscayne he bought in 1965. I was 12 at the time.

Reactions: paul bell

·
Premium Member
4,507 Posts
FYI 1961 was the last year for the tube-type Delco radio; they went solid state for 1962.
Did you notice the OP's radio had a Germanium output transistor like used on later Delco stuff? Interesting mix.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts