Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for sport mirrors for my 71 chevelle. I really do not want to have to put back on the stock chrome mirrors. Paddock is the only company I have found that sells sports mirrors, but guess what,they are on back order,and they are on back order, and back order. I really do not think that Paddock will ever get the mirrors. Original Parts group has discontinue sports mirror,(I wonder why....because you can not get them)
Some company out there has to be selling sport mirrors for older chevelle, but who are they and do they have them in stock???
Is there any company which sell better mirrors than the old stock chrome type???
Keith Cooper
[email protected]

·
Premium Member
1,953 Posts
I need these also.

I have an original NOS drivers, but I need a passenger side.

Help. anyone?

------------------
72 Chevelle Convertible (all SS options, no SS badging)

·
Premium Member
874 Posts
I picked up a pair of sport mirrors off a Ventura (Pontiac's version of the Nova). The door contour at the top is similar to the 70-72 Chevelle. Anyone ever check into the match of these mirrors? Might be the same??

------------------
Doug, Chevl71
Team Chevelle member #625
Gateway Area Chevelle Club member CM028

chevl71 homepage

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Some people refer to sport mirrors as bullets.The term bullet seem to apply to any part that is not stock or differ from the stock look. Do you know of bullet mirrors for a Chevelle??
Keith Cooper
[email protected]

·
Premium Member
874 Posts
Found another Nova (73) with sport (bullet) mirrors last night at a junk yard. Except someone already got the passenger side-the harder to find one! But the guy wants to sell the whole car, a bit much for a mirror.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Yea. One of the members here has them on his 71 elkie.. They look pretty nice.

------------------
Dave
72 Chevelle 350
My car

·
Premium Member
874 Posts
I took a protractor to the Nova/Ventura mirrors today. They will need some modification for a 70-72 Chevelle. They are NOT a perfect match.
The Ventura mirror has about a 40 degree slope at the base to keep the mirror body looking level. the Chevelle door has an 18 degree slope at the mirror area.
Sorry for any misrepresentation.

------------------
Doug, Chevl71
Team Chevelle member #625
Gateway Area Chevelle Club member CM028

chevl71 homepage

·
Registered
920 Posts
I had a pair of these on my last '68. They came of a 1971 Pontiac GP. They fit perfectly! The driver's side was a remote. Try one of those.

------------------
David Reinecke - aka - FINE 68
1968 Chevelle 300 Sport Coupe Deluxe
www.geocities.com/jdreinecke

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for everyones input to sports mirrors. Guess what!
I found a company which sells sports mirrors for the Chevelle and guess what, they are in stock.
Guess what again, the price is a lot lower than what I was going to pay. I had the mirrors on order with Paddock with no hope of ever getting them because they were on backorder. I will receive the mirror tommorrow and let you know how good they are, then I might tell where I got them.
Thanks again.
Keith Cooper
[email protected]

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok!
I received my sport mirror today from ?????
The mirrors are nice and is what I was looking for.
The plastic mounting piece which goes on the bottom of the mirror does not fit correctly. It is a little small for the mirror base, but not a big deal. I am not sure how I am going to deal with this but I will come up with something. The mirror fits in the same spot that the stock chrome one goes. The angle seem to be just a little off. The mirror seems to be angled too much toward the glass. The plastic piece that goes not the bottom of the mirror is angled but not enough, I don't think. Three people have looked at the mirror sitting on the plastic base and we have not decided if the angle is off. If the angle had to be corected, it is not by much. There are several way to correct the angle. 1) Grind or file the plastic base. 2) Grind some off one side of the mirror stem 3) Use shims
We have not mounted the mirrors, we are just holding them in place. We might find that when you mount them that everything is right.
The mirror came from????
and cost ?????
Ok here goes,
The mirrors are in stock and come in black or chrome. The company is Classic Muscle From Modern Chevrolet
The web address is http://www.oldmusclecars.com/
The website does not have an online catalog. I have also received a catalog. I wish I had found this company before now. I like their catalog. Many of the part are GM parts. They have many GM parts and many restoration parts. The prices are very good. Many of the parts which I purchased from Paddock, Original Part Group, and National Parts Depot are cheaper by Classic Muscle from Modern Chevrolet. The sports mirrors from Paddock cost $310.00
The sports mirrors from CMMC where $260.00,this included the mounting hardware. The driver side is remote and the passenger side is manaul The part number from CMMC is SM7072, which I believe is the same part number from Paddock. Paddock has had these mirrors on backorder forever. Original Part Group has discounted the mirrors,most likely because there are hard to get. If you want sports mirror call Classic Muscle from Modern Chevrolet,1-800-722-4828 There are in Winston-Salem ,NC
The email address is [email protected]
If you want me to scan and email any info from the catalog,please let me know.
Keith Cooper
[email protected]

·
Registered
105 Posts
I'm the one with them on my elky. Well, ONE of them. Someone STOLE the drivers. Does that website sell just one?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.