Team Chevelle banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the weekend I got a 1994 caprice 9c1 given to me, gotta love auto class, and was wondering a few things. Seeing as the body is in pretty bad shape is there anything I can swapped over to my Chevelle (1972 Malibu)? The engine runs and the trans has 100 km since it was rebuilt by gm, so I think those might be a good replacement for the 307 and th350, but is there anything else, anything at all that can be moved over? Brakes, A/C, rear end, sway bars, steering components, anything, even if requires some modification I would be happy to do it.

·
Registered
15,842 Posts
I did a similar swap from a wrecked '95 9C1. I only used the engine, trans, and steering box on my Chevelle. With only headers and programming with 3.08 gears, I ran a 13.82 on street tires, and get 22+mpg.

The front brakes will work, but I don't like the poor steering geometry (search "tall spindles" in the brakes forum).

The steering box is a 12.7:1 quick-ratio, and a direct bolt-on. You will need a different rag-joint (about $75 from GM)

The front sway-bar will work, but I didn't use it as I run very stiff springs and smaller stock sway-bar.

The rear axle won't bolt in, and the brakes are a 5 on 5" bolt pattern... they may work with trans-am rotors??? (Maybe one of the GM parts guys on here can verify if they share any parts???_

Good Luck, it's not too hard to swap in the LT1 if you can afford a custom harness. (I recommend www.speartech.com )

1 - 3 of 3 Posts