Chevelles.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright I went to order my procar seats yesterday for my 67 and my car is O.E. Bench and they do not make brackets can anyone give some advice I really had my heart set on these...does anyone here make custom brackets or is there no choices available??

Thanks Much,
John Dykstra

·
Registered
69 Posts
I am planning on getting some procar seats for my 72. can you use your stock bucket seat brackets on them?

·
Premium Member
7,649 Posts
Do you mean the stock seat tracks? NO- the seat frames are not the same size/height as the stock ones- it would take some serious hacking to use the stock tracks.

Do you mean the stock seat floor pan brackets, and bolt up procar brackets to it? Yes- the bolt pattern for their chevelle brackets are exactly the same as stock- if you have stock buckets, you will not have to drill at all.

OR...If you want to save some $$, or if you want a custom angle for your seats, you can just get some good angle brackets at a hardware store and to it yourself- that is what BB_Mike did with his procar seats.

The seats come with generic "tracks" with them- these have three mounting holes on each "foot" pointing down. Its fairly easy to make your own brackets. I will say however, that the brackets they sell are good heavy duty pieces- and they are specifically made for your type of car and really do line up good.

You might do a search here on BB_MIKE and look at his site and pics of his install to see the custom made brackets he used. BTW- he has the Procar "elite" seats.
------------------
Ben Rambow
NECOA #022
1970 El Camino SS
My old 1969 El Camino

[This message has been edited by AHSOM70 (edited 02-04-2003).]

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so if I did order the ones from procar that are made for bucket seats and I drilled holes for the brackets I would be alright right?? Or I will have to make custom brackets I will check into that.

John D.

·
Premium Member
7,649 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by johnd:
so if I did order the ones from procar that are made for bucket seats and I drilled holes for the brackets I would be alright right?? Or I will have to make custom brackets I will check into that.
John D.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

John- If you get their brackets- All you will have to do is drill the 2 inboard holes in the floor. Thats it.

If you choose to NOT get their brackets, you will have to fab up something.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok thanks for the help guys I will order the bucket seat ones and do that install.

John D.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts