Chevelles.com banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you know where I could find a decent Old's 455? I need one that hasn't been left out in the elements, but one that needs a little work? I know this is Chevelles, but if I find this guy the 455 I get an LS6 for a TRADE!!!!
HELP me if you can. I am in Michigan...

·
Registered
26 Posts
I found one about 2 months ago with C casting heads at a U-PullIt complete for 100
They still show up every now and then - look in the 60's thru 70's land yacht's

·
Registered
12,880 Posts
This is one of those deals that when you need it, you can never find it. And when you don't need it, they are everywhere. Just keep watching the ads and such. And while we are on the subject. If anyone ever needs an Olds block for a manual tranny, SOME Olds blocks DO NOT have the boss on the left side for a clutch ball stud. AND, AND, MANY 455 cranks do not have the hole drilled in the rear for a pilot bushing. Watch for these 2 things the next time you need to build a 455 for your 4sp 442.

------------------

·
Registered
29 Posts
Good point DZ. The 76 blocks do not have the boss, and almost none of the 455 cranks are drilled for the pilot bushing (only those that originally came with a manual). However, it can be machined in pretty easily.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Umm, I have one that came from a boat. It just got a new short block, not very high performance. Never ran, not sure what it all is. I don't know about olds stuff. It is sitting in my barn. E-mail me if you are interested.

------------------
RYAN REEVES
[email protected]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.