Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part August's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the group and need help. I have questions! ;) In this pic, you can see the color difference from the dash, and steering wheel - to the seats.

Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

1. I have a 1970 Malibu with red interior. The trim tag shows "Medium Red". Are there 2 shades to a 1970 interior? I see medium red and dark red listed. I ask this as I have the original dash, steering wheel and dash housing and they look a deeper red than aftermarket replacement pieces I see being sold online. The online items seem much brighter than the originals I have.

2. Are all dash pads and dash housings actually black from the factory and then painted to whatever color is required? I noticed a couple scratches and rub spots on my originals and it seems to show black underneath. They were never molded in color is what I'm asking? So painting the dash and housing is technically accurate if I was to paint black pieces? Do painted items wear well or do they require maintenance?

Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks! Are you the fellow that restores the pads and housings? Is there success in painting a dash and does it last?

The dash housings came in black, and then painted the interior color.
The dash pads were molded in the proper colors matching the interior color.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts