Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A number of weeks ago I had asked about the long red/white/blue Chevy emblem on the nose of a 67 Chevelle. Someone was kind enough to mail me some images of their 67 with this emblem, but due to a machine crash, I've lost that email.

Can anyone who has this emblem take a minute and go measure it's length for me?

Thanks, Kurt

------------------
The 68 Chevelle info page. [last updated Nov. 30, 98]
www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Garage/6873/Chevelle/68_Chevelle_Info.html
Email: [email protected]
A.C.E.S. #1352

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Al.

As I had mentioned to you privately, I have this emblem. I bought it thinking it was the same as the one on my 68. I had someone run the numbers on it, and it came up as the emblem for a 67.

A few weeks later when I was finally able to make it up to my car and compare the new one to the on on my 68, I found out that they're the same thing.

So now I'm curious as to if either I have the wrong box for this, and it's really a 68 emblem (it was an NOS piece), or if they used the same item on both years.

Either way, I have a shiny new trim piece for my tired old 68, but I do wonder what the real story behind it is.

Kurt

------------------
The 68 Chevelle info page. [last updated Nov. 30, 98]
www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Garage/6873/Chevelle/68_Chevelle_Info.html
Email: [email protected]
A.C.E.S. #1352

·
Registered
105 Posts
Measured using a tape measure that follows the center curve it is 16 5/8ths inches.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I just swapped out my 67 grill for the SS version. The piece your asking about measures 16 1/2" from end to end.

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.