Chevelles.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed the power window and door lock set up in my 70 chevelle, what I need to know is how everything gets its power supplied. Where does it get power from, fuse block? or is there a relay(like the horn)Anyone please let me know how this goes together as this is the last thing to do before it is road worthy. This board sure is great for all of us chevelle enthusiasts. i have been working on my chevelle for about 2 years, i did a frame off restoration, and without the help of this forum, I'd still just have a garage full of parts, wait a minute i still have a garage full of parts, oh well at least there are enough parts on the 'velle to make it happy and me too!

------------------
Pat"The Soundkat>^..^<"Hoffman
1970 Chevelle SS (clone)

·
Premium Member
2,223 Posts
The best way to supply power to your windows is as Dean stated. From the horn relay to a circuit barker on the firewall to the power windows. The wires are available from M&H click on the yellow triangle to search for 70 Chevelle. It will take 2 items 1- Feed from the horn relay to ckt bkr. 2- From ckt bkr to inside. (you can get #2 with one connection or three connections) You may want to add a power seat later so get it with 3 connections.

You can also connect the power feed to the ACC terminal at the fuse block.

The power should connect to a relay that has a second connection to the fuse block IGN terminal. The relay blocks power when the ignition is off. The IGN connection picks up the relay when the ignition is on. The relay is mounted above the kick panel and must be grounded.

The ckt bkr 30 Amp is available at any parts store. The relay is available from Year One but it’s $30. I got one from a U-Pull-It. Look for a mid to late 70s GM with power windows. You should be able to find a relay and the needed harness.

click for pic

[This message has been edited by Elree Colby (edited 02-24-2002).]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts