Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know its not a chevelle,but my chevelle never gives me a problems like this.I have a 90 chevy 2500 4x4 it died on me going home last week while driving and all it does is turn over and wont start.It also keeps blowing ignition fuses in the dash fuse box.I have tried some things but no luck.Here is what i have done so far checked for spark at the wires with a screw driver while cranking engine plenty of spark.Replaced ground strap wire body to frame it was bad.I unhooked the coil wire at the coil and still blew a fuse.I unhooked the starter wire at the starter still blew a fuse.I'am i over looking something here.Any help or suggestions would be great.

------------------
My 70 Chevelle SS & 56 Pro Street Chevy

·
Premium Member
3,438 Posts
Is this fuse also for the electric fuel pump? Can you hear it turn on when you turn the ignition switch to the on posistion?

------------------
Dave (NY)
70 chevelle ss396 conv
66 chevelle ss396 hdp/conv
72 chevelle
TC member #493
Never forget Earnhardt!

·
Super Moderator
13,010 Posts
Brian,
As much as it hurts to have to do so, I would sugest your finding a good shop that has all the up to date info to fix the truck. Vehicles have become so complex that unless you have all the proper info to troubleshoot it, you could throw many hundreds of dollars in parts at it just guessing. It could be a very simple problem, or something serious. Without the complete factory service manual, it is next to impossible to troubleshoot it.

------------------
Bill Koustenis
Advanced Automotive Machine
Waldorf Md

1971 Heavy Chevy - original owner
Team Chevelle #100

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well i tried something and it worked but i think what i probaly did was just put a bandaid on the problem.Instead of the 10 amp fuse i used a 30 and it started right up with no blown fuses.Now i know it did not fix it but at least i got it started and it runs again so i will probaly drive to the dealership and let them hook it up to the analyzer.Dave the fuse is for ignition and ecm.The fuse for the fuel pump is seperate under the hood on the firewall.Bill When i get it back i will post the answer to the problem and maybe we will learn something new.Thanks.

------------------
My 70 Chevelle SS & 56 Pro Street Chevy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.