Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a picture of under the hood of a long style 70 up ac/ps bracket setup or a picture in a book? I am having a problem getting my ac/ps brackets to line up and want to see if I may have the wrong ones. Can I use the newer style ps pump with big block brackets??? I also am having trouble getting the crank pulley and water pump pulley to match up. Lots of problems here guys just put my motor in 2 weeks ago and all my brackets and pulleys just dont seem to work,this is all I need to get it running.

·
Registered
283 Posts
at first I thought my p/s wasn't going to line up either. Try this; install 2 7/16 bolts to block and 1 3/8-16 on the side (a
stud here really helps) with the adjuster bracket on the pump, Loosen the two bolts that hold the pump to the lower bracket, now snug the adjuster bracket to pump bolt, Pullys should line up now, retighten the lower bracket to pump bolts.
This will work only after you have the proper crank and waterpump pulleys.
I don't know about 70s but the 454 brackets in my 69 was absolutly bolt-up. the brackets came from a mid 70s pickup, even used the original SB pump and a/c compresser

------------------
Harley
69 461 El Camino Nitrous Model
69 Chevelle coupe
71 SS Camaro
75 L-82 Corvette
71 Gremlin X
Kerrville,Tx.

·
Premium Member
13,692 Posts
my power steering pump and brackets came off of a 76 chevy pickup that had a big block of course...I took the a/c off completely..hot rods dont have a/c....maybe your water pump pulleys are not the right ones....I wanted to take the power steering off too, but my fiance couldnt drive it then....

------------------
1972 Malibu,461 cid.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.