Chevelles.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I also bought my car in pieces but now that i got it all back together and painted. It is about ready to go. I have one minor problem. The tan wire from my sender was cut. There is no tan line to reconnect it to. Can someone please tell me what I should do? I need a line to run from my cut line at the tank to my gauge. How should I run that line? Hear is another problem where does this all hook up at? does this tan line go straight to the gauge?

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
The fuel sender wire plugs into a single connector on the rear bumper light harness. You can usually find this connector somewhere in the area between the bumper and car body . It is the only tan wire in this harness. Don't confuse it with the dark brown tail light wire. The tan wire goes through a connector inside the trunk area, then to the back of the fuel gauge.

------------------
LS 5 1970 Hardtop M21 3:42 / L34 1970 Convertible TH400 3:42

·
Registered
38 Posts
I had the EXACT same thing with my El Camino that the prior owner left for me: a cut, what I thought was white now I've learned it's tan, wire close to the fuel tank. I am in the same situation and considering purchasing a whole new sending unit wiring harness (one wire, $20 or so). Is the location for the tan wire in the rear tail light harness the same for a '70 El Camino??

Thank you!

Dan Latta

------------------
1970 El Camino
Student, Santa Monica College
http://photos.groups.yahoo.com/group/ElCaminosandChevelles/lst
Santa Monica, CA
Current ground up restoration in progress: All parts brand new except rear end: GM 350 crate motor w/ Weiand dual plane intake & Holley 600 cfm carb, K&N exhaust. Doug Thorley Headers w/ Flowmaster pipe & exhaust. Rebuilt transmission from A1 w/ shift kit & 2500 stall converter, Hurst pro-matic II shifter, 15" Powder Coated Rally's , Chevelle SS steering wheel, combo oil/tranny cooler, ARP bolts everywhere.

Project almost done-at this point-wish I had the resources and space to do a frame off. Anyone take the frame off before in a standard size garage? Now that all the new parts are in except radiator, it wouldn't be all that to tear down again. Hmm….

1 - 3 of 3 Posts