Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine wants to buy my '71 malibu that I just finished. I want to treat him right, but at the same time I want to get a fair price. I would like to get some opinions on what it's worth. It's a '71 malibu with SS hood with new forest green paint/white stripes. Completely new green interior from Year One. Small block 400 bored .020, decked, balanced, 5.7 rods, XE 274 cam, 74 CC heads with bronze valve guides, screw in studs, guide plates, roller tip rockers 2.05/1.60 valves,etc. Performer RPM, Holley 3310, MSD 6AL, turbo 350 with hardened sprag, shift kit, 2400 holeshot.Completely rebuilt 12 bolt with 3.90's and Auburn pro unit. Car is not perfect, but looks and runs very well. I have invested over $9,000 and I told him I would sell it to him for $7,500. Does that sound fair?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I forgot to mention that the car has factory disc brakes and bucket seats. I also have the original 307/turbo 350/10 bolt that go with the car. THANKS....

·
Registered
57 Posts
Let me know if you do not sell it to him...I may be interested.

·
Registered
21 Posts
You might make a gentlemen's agreement that you get first shot at buying it back (at a fair price)if he decides to sell it.

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
Dwayne: This is none of my business, and feel free to say so, but if you just spent $9,000 restoring it, why would you take a $1,500 loss on it so soon after finishing the resto?

It seems to me that your freind should be willing to pay the $9,000 you have invested, especially considering you did the work of restoring it.

Again, this may be none of my business but I think you should get your $9k back. Which also translates into the $7,500 being a good price.

Kurt

------------------
The 68 Chevelle info page. [last updated Nov. 30, 98]
www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Garage/6873/Chevelle/68_Chevelle_Info.html
The Team Chevelle Showroom. [last updated May 17, 99]
www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Boulevard/6987/
Email: [email protected]
A.C.E.S. #1352

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the input guys... Byfield, it seems like you can never get the same amount for a car that you put in it. I look at it this way: I have gained at least $1,500 worth of knowledge/experience while building the car. Also, I probably would have "blown" some of the money on other stuff if I had not put it into the car.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.