Chevelles.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I called Jegs to order and I got more questions than answers. I have never installed one before so i'm confused. The guy says if you have a GM style HEI distributer you need a module for the distributer and something about two wire or four wire connection :confused: Anyway i'm quite sure some of you guys have installed these before and can help me. What do i need to buy? I guess once I get it I could follow directions.

Thanks
Dan

·
Premium Member
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks... great info. So does that mean that all GM HEI style distrb. need to have that module changed. If so I guess all I need to do is count pins and order. Right?

·
Registered
878 Posts
I 'm using a 6AL to run my "to be installed" 383 on an engine stand. With a 4 pin HEI, like mine, the ignition module is not used. It is replaced with the GM-Cable Harness, supplied with 6AL box. You'll be looking a "vacant" module mounting pad.
Pay close attention to wiring instructions. Do not run a direct 12v to distributor, like normal set up. I messed up ... and did so. Burnt a wire, but saved the box. The instructions cover 26 different applications. Hope this helps

·
Banned
486 Posts
here's a way to hook it up using the module. its not printed in any of the new instructions for whatever reason. this is the way I've been using mine since 1995. the one thing I like about it on my daily driver is that if the box ever fails, which mine hasn't, you can just plug the connector back into the cap like the factory way and away you go. otherwise its wrecker time.

http://www.chevelles.com/showroom/Picture%20010.jpg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts