Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car has decent paint,
panels need alignment work,
no interior,
fresh 454 just dynoed 460hp/500tq,
fresh rebuilt m-22,
rust free,
org 6cyl car

he is asking $22k which i think is high....what would be a fair offer?

I hang out at TeamCamaro but you are the Chevelle experts, thanks for any help you can give me.

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
22K is high for a car with no interior...Granted there looks like there is alot of other things done to the car but, I just couldnt spend 22K on a car that didnt have interior. I see that the firewall has been smoothed and it appears to be very very clean on the underside and in the engine compartment but the price just doesnt jive with that car. I think its overpriced.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Looks like the seller may have more in it than it's worth,,,but that's his problem. If I wanted that kind of body style, I'd be thining in the $15K area,,maybe down or up,,depending on how the car struck me.

·
Premium Member
5,756 Posts
The biggest problem with the 64-65 cars is they were basically small block cars. Z-16 does not count. I really like 'em because of what they offer as a great car and tremendous value. Adding a big block just does not add much for me as I would rather have a built small block as that is how I remember them. Kind of like how out of place the 69-70 SS wheels look any where else. Kick out the L-79 cars and it really takes a good car to move past $20k.

I'm with Herb on the $15k range. That lets you finish the car and be under $20K and have a nice car at real value. Just because the owner is bleeding does not mean the next guy has to stop it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thx guys, we are on the same page... I wanted to confirm with the experts, as I dont have alot of experience with the early year Chevelle's.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts