Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,
I appreciate what you guys do to help others like me who dont have the car smarts and knowledge you have.
I just sold my '67 SS last year and I have an entire basement full of original parts that I cannot identify. I purchased them with my '67 and my mechanical expertise is limited at best. There are literally hundreds of parts and I do not have the time or the know how to figure out what is what in order to list and sell the stuff. Not only is it taking up a lot of space, but I know somebody else could benefit from it, and of course I could use the money.
I would be willing to pay a Chevelle enthusiast a nominal fee to help me go through the stuff in order to confirm what is what, list it, and sell it.
I live about an hour north of chicago, an hour south of Milwaukee, and an hour east of Rockford, Il in the town of Spring Grove, Il. Please let me know if you or anyone you know would be interested in helping me out with this.

Thanks,
Kyle
[email protected]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
Duplicate post :(

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry I didn't realize that would be such a problem. So did you have any feedback or did you just want to point that out?

·
Premium Member
3,595 Posts
Kyle, I might suggest that you pick up a catalog from a parts dealer like OPGI, Ground-up, any place with a good catalog with photos for these cars. Don't know if your parts are all OE or some repo but you can then match them up by the descriptions in the cats and build your listings. Then you also have a reasonable price range to ask for. If you want to move parts quick, consider a "Lot" deal, all at one time. Overall you'll get less than piece by piece, but you'll be time and money ahead. List all of your parts, value them based on the catalogs and then cut a sweet deal. Remember if you want to move em fast, price them reasonable. OE stuff can be a different animal, go to eBay and other sellers, after you id your parts, do your search and build your pricing based on those comparisons. 67' is a popular year and I can't imagine someone not looking to score for their car resto. Good Luck!

·
Registered
10,465 Posts
You can always post pictures of the parts you are having trouble identifying. Do any of the parts have visible part numbers? If so try searching eBay, then completed/sold, that will give you an idea of what parts are actually selling for. I always use that method at swapmeets, garage sales and flea markets to help identify items and figure value.

Steve R

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Kyle, I might suggest that you pick up a catalog from a parts dealer like OPGI, Ground-up, any place with a good catalog with photos for these cars. Don't know if your parts are all OE or some repo but you can then match them up by the descriptions in the cats and build your listings. Then you also have a reasonable price range to ask for. If you want to move parts quick, consider a "Lot" deal, all at one time. Overall you'll get less than piece by piece, but you'll be time and money ahead. List all of your parts, value them based on the catalogs and then cut a sweet deal. Remember if you want to move em fast, price them reasonable. OE stuff can be a different animal, go to eBay and other sellers, after you id your parts, do your search and build your pricing based on those comparisons. 67' is a popular year and I can't imagine someone not looking to score for their car resto. Good Luck!
Extremely helpful and greatly appreciated man! Thank you

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You can always post pictures of the parts you are having trouble identifying. Do any of the parts have visible part numbers? If so try searching eBay, then completed/sold, that will give you an idea of what parts are actually selling for. I always use that method at swapmeets, garage sales and flea markets to help identify items and figure value.

Steve R
Steve, thanks a lot man

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
1 - 11 of 11 Posts