Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys I feel stupid asking this question because i know a decent amount about cars, but I have never seen this part before. My friend was talking about a crossover (or something) that hooks to the intake (i think) that cools the intake more. I think that it balances the air that comes into the intake or something. I am sorry i couldn't be more descriptive. If some even knows what i am talking about could you tell me where to find this and how much it costs?
thanks
Tom

·
Registered
514 Posts
I have heard of one that goes from one valve cover to the other and has a breather assembly in the center over the intake manifold or the X or H pipe for the exhaust? Sorry i couldn't be of more help but you can find both these pieces at summit, hope i helped good luck…

------------------
1970 chevelle
406 - TH-350 - soon to be 411's
engine
Interior
"When life hands you lemons, ask for a bottle of tequila and salt."

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
406_70_velle actually i think that is what he wants. Do you know what the name of it is? Also what is the purpose of it?
thanks
Tom

G

·
That is a sprint car breather assembly and Moroso makes one. That is the good news. The bad news is you need to weld some stuff to you aluminum valves covers, bungs for the breathers. Made for light weight aluminum covers. Not real popular on a street deal.

------------------
www.muncie4speed.com
Gold 67
There is nothing like rowing through the gears at 7500. Stick cars are so much fun they should be a controlled substance!

·
Premium Member
2,663 Posts
If it is supposed to cool more, most of the never intakes have 4 plugs in them. 2 at the front, and 2 at the back. I have seem a few circle track racers take these plugs out and join front to rear with a braided steel hose, to redirect water flow. What it does, i am not sure. Could this possibly be what he is talking about?

·
Premium Member
2,356 Posts
bcice is on the right track. What he is referring to is "4 corner cooling"... On a small block the hottest spot it where the two exhaust ports are next to each other. If you have bung holes on the front and rear water jackets on the intake you can connect them together then to the water pump, it supposedly cools that hot exhaust spots better making for a more equal temperature across the head, in turn making more power. Its kind of like "blue printing" your cooling, for lack of better explanation. To do this you need some braided steel line and fittings. I hope I explained this right because I have never done this.

------------------
Thomas (AKA Hot66ss)
66 Super Sport Now striped frame off Project
67 Malibu Getting there.
69 El camino Beater FOR SALE Mild 355, M20 4 speed (Daily Driver)
Video of me in the Elco smoking the tires
Aces Member 2380
Team Chevelle member #262

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.