Chevelles.com banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '70 wagon with carpet that's due for replacement. I'd like to know what others have found successful to remove the old sound deadener and what have they replaced it with?
Does the Dynamat product work well to reduce noise and heat from the exhaust below? How is it secured? Is some type of (say foam) carpet pad usuable to replace the horsehair?
Thanks in advance,
Mark

·
Registered
934 Posts
Tsuki,

The sound deadner should just lift right out and you can buy replacements for it in most catalogs.

Try to find a place that sells the carpet and sound deadner as a kit. You could save some $$$.

------------------
Bob (Pa.)

1963 Impala 283
1966 Chevelle SS 409
1969 Malibu 307
1972 Malibu 307
1969 Chevy stepside 350

Bob's 409 Chevy Page

silverstone.fortunecity.com/tvr/246/bob_s_409_chevy_page_index.html

·
Registered
287 Posts
Try and find a "complete" kit and that will replace all that you need. Most places like Ground Up, Year One, OPG etc... have it all. Don't use any foam padding under there because it is just another home for moisture to sit.

While you are replacing the carpet, it would be a good time to paint the floors with Por15 paint.

Hope it helps

------------------
The proud owner of a Canadian 64-SS with ZZ4 Power!
Chesterville, Ontario, Canada.
Team Chevelle Gold Member #37
Canadian Classic Chevelles & Beaumonts Member #350

WebSite www.magma.ca/~ssoltesz/steves/1964.htm

·
Registered
738 Posts
Tsuki, on my 70' Malibu, I replaced the sound deadener with new material from Year One and the original stuff had to be forcefully scraped of the floor pan with a putty knife - on my car, it took a lot of elbow grease - expect to sweat some on this one!

------------------
'70 Malibu - 383 'Fog Fed' Stroker! Houston, Texas Gold Member #39
Chevellz Alwayz!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.