Team Chevelle banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone.
I hope iam posting this in the correct forum.
My friend is restoring a 1970 chevelle SS 396 to its original state, and is missing the original carb.
Does anyone know where i can steer him to get a correct numered carb?
The carb is a rochester, and the number he gave me was 7040205, Didn't give me the other numbers for date of manufacture though.
Is there anyone that has these, or has rebuilt carbs that i could look into?
I tried Carbs Unlimited, but said they didn't have any of this number.
Any help would be greatly appreciatted.
Thanks,
Daryl

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your assistance Chad. I have that carb on my watch list now.
I have been watching ebay, but the 7040205 carbs seem far, and few inbetween on there.
Thanks again for the heads up on it.

·
Registered
Super Awesome Guy who rarely logs on
4,994 Posts

·
Registered
11,298 Posts
I just saw a 7040205 core for rebuild only in decent shape sell for $675 needing a complete resto/redye and total rbld that costs approx $350-$400 on top of the core price so its over $1k when all is said and done.

They are a pricey carb for sure.

Here is an avail 205 carb your looking for with the link listed below to what carb shop its avail at,they seem to be good people so check it out.

They offer many oem chevy carbs that are restored & other mfg's too,thier contact info is listed in the site.

Scott
==================================================================

* Carb as listed in site (Chevy 7040205 Quadrajet-4MV 1970 Rochester 396/454 1420 Man Trans)

* http://www.customrebuiltcarbs.com/view_classic.php3?make=Chevy&lastRowPrinted=140

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.