Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im ready to install the exhaust on my Chevelle, but cant decide what to get for it. I'm almost considering going with a chambered system, but im not sure if it's going to be too loud or not. I had Hush Thrush turbos on the car before, that were about 11 years old, they were loud but sounded good. so should I go for the chambered or try something else?

Jeff

·
Premium Member
8,074 Posts
I don't know. Have you ever heard how loud the orignal sidepipes were on a 'vette? Same thing (pretty loud). They do sound terrific in my opinion, but neighbours & police may not share that opinion.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Reading nearly all the posts at this site for the last year or so, I'd say most Team Chevelle motorheads would say "Go with the Flow"(masters)... either 2- or 3-chambered. Loud, throaty rumble, but not too loud, and flows as good as open headers (my ET's are no different with my headers open vs. shut with exhaust going thru Flowmasters).

·
Registered
91 Posts
Agree w/ Doc on this one... I have a pair of flows on mine and really enjoy them. It seems the longer I run them, the better they sound. But as they say "to each his own"! Good Luck!

------------------
Jim Morrison
71 SS 454

·
Premium Member
2,035 Posts
chambered exaust has a sound all its own,has a road racy sound.I dont see much with it on,maybe the sound level thing. but I dont follow trends so I say go for the chambered exaust.It will sound wicked.and good performance.just my opinion.67rat member #199

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I called Gardener exhaust, they wouldn't even talk to me because I have a small block.
They only make what GM only made. GM didn't offer chambered on the small block Chevelle
so I checked out MC productions, they are in the process in reproducing chambered systems that will fit 67-74 Chevelle big block and small block I'm just waiting to hear back from them on when they will be available and a price. check out their web.
Http://www.sweet-thunder.com
I also noticed that Ground up has them too

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.