Team Chevelle banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok,

here's the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Buic...007QQitemZ170220995509QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

I'm not trying to sell this car here, but am actually looking for advice on selling this car. My question is, is it worth it to put the interior and wheel wells back into this car? or should I just sell it as is? I'm trying to take as little a loss as possible. Right now I have $7100 into the car. I think I can get the wheel wells and interior together for another $500 - $800. I had an offer today for $4000 the way it sits. I really don't want to take such a big loss. I actually bought this car as a roller because I had a motor being built and I figured I could get my money back by throwing it into a car and then selling it. Well I kind of went overboard and spent all of this money.

would you guys mind giving input as to what the car is worth the way it is (90%) and what is worth complete?

thanks very much.

·
Premium Member
28,735 Posts
Roger,that is truly a nice car. I recently sold a 85 Cutlass that was almost as nice and set up as street/strip car for $3500..and it was unbelievably solid..I have seen some high dollar GN's that wheren't as solid as this Cutlass.
IMHO and experience, you might have gotten $7K for your car this time last year..but now,$5000-5500 is about right

try www.specialinterest.com
I bet that car will sell to someone in NY :) (they like those cars out on LI)

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
$5000 to $5500 the way it is now, or with the interior and wheel wells together? thanks again.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
$5500 with the interior/wheel wells
Ok. And what do you think it's worth without being complete? i.e. the way it is in the photos.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
there is a small market for that car. i'd love to have it, but it would never pass inspection here, and for some reason those cars never really blew up, you can buy pretty nice ones here for 3,500-5,000. by the way, i don't think i saw a reserve on your auction. you might be selling it pretty cheap....

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
there is a small market for that car. i'd love to have it, but it would never pass inspection here, and for some reason those cars never really blew up, you can buy pretty nice ones here for 3,500-5,000. by the way, i don't think i saw a reserve on your auction. you might be selling it pretty cheap....
i reserved the right to cancel the auction at any time because I am also selling it locally. Does that put me in the clear???

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
280 Posts
To advertise the auction as "No Reserve" and then pull it at the end if it doesn't meet your price is BS in my opinion.

If that was your intention from the start, you should have just put a reserve on it and not pull a fast one on the bidders at the end.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
To advertise the auction as "No Reserve" and then pull it at the end if it doesn't meet your price is BS in my opinion.

If that was your intention from the start, you should have just put a reserve on it and not pull a fast one on the bidders at the end.
that wasn't my intention. i just got an offer for $4000 and I figured if the bidding didn't get near that the day before the auction ended then I would sell it to this guy for the 4k. Doesn't matter anyway, ebay cancelled the auction because I had a link to a video on there. But I'll take your advice. I should have put a reserve on there and just started the bidding out low.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts