Team Chevelle banner

Need a plug and play race carb

1K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  68Chevele 
#1 ·
I need a mech secondary carb for a race car project.
350 SBC
Approx 375hp
TH350 manual valve body
3.31 10 bolt
3000lb car

This is a recreational track only 1/8 mile project

I have a 850 Dominator on another car and it's got too many tuning adjustments for the current project. I need something that will run out of the box without a lot of fancy air jets and such.

I'm considering this:

Quick Fuel BR-67331: Brawler Race Carburetor 750 CFM Mechanical Secondary / 4150 - Black/Red - JEGS High Performance

#3 ·
I would also recommend AED but keep in mind that NO carburetor is going to be perfect right out of the box. There is simply no way the carb builder can get it to be a perfect match with your engine in your vehicle. AED will get it pretty darn close but it will still probably need some tuning to be really perfect.

If I had to guess I would say a good old simple Holley 650 double pumper would be pretty close.

#4 ·
I need a mech secondary carb for a race car project.
350 SBC
Approx 375hp
TH350 manual valve body
3.31 10 bolt
3000lb car

This is a recreational track only 1/8 mile project

I have a 850 Dominator on another car and it's got too many tuning adjustments for the current project. I need something that will run out of the box without a lot of fancy air jets and such.

I'm considering this:

Quick Fuel BR-67331: Brawler Race Carburetor 750 CFM Mechanical Secondary / 4150 - Black/Red - JEGS High Performance
Got an extra 830 Holley HP I might swap you for what I think is that 750 Dominator (never seen and 850 dommy) if it's the newer one that has replaceable air bleeds on top. I need one for one of my next years project.

#9 ·
My votes NOT in a specific order are:
C&S
BLP
AED

They will get you close and work with you over the phone.

Mike

#10 ·
I will also say my FST 850 worked very well this year at the track, also the FST 650 works great on my street car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.