Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Gold Founding Member
5,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need an engine compartment pic of the horn relay and where it goes on a 70. Mine is mounted on the firewall above heater box. Anyone have one?
Thanks.
Ron

------------------
70 Chevelle SS396 (427)M21 Before / After
66 Nova SS 327 M20
95 Z28 Convertible T56
Aces 3081, TC #54 Gold

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Are you sure you're looking at the horn relay and not the TCS relay? The horn relay mounts on the radiator support, above and to the left (facing the front of the car) of the voltage regulator, behind the driver side headlights.

------------------
MalibuJerry350
TC Member #1279
Original owner '70 Chevelle.
560,000+ miles on car.
Hey, if it's got wheels, DRIVE IT!
My Chevelle: http://hometown.aol.com/erie614/myhomepage/index.html

·
Gold Founding Member
5,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep, the horn relay Jerry. It has 2 large red wires going to it and the top has this logo.

S H
Delco Remy
H S

The wiring is a mess on this car, everything is all taped together and patched up. I bought a new light harness and engine harness and I'm trying to get it straightened out.
It had been converted to internal regulator and HEI, that makes it even harder to figure out where everything goes since all the connectors are different.
Thanks.
Ron

------------------
70 Chevelle SS396 (427)M21 Before / After
66 Nova SS 327 M20
95 Z28 Convertible T56
Aces 3081, TC #54 Gold

·
Registered
723 Posts
Right above the drivers side headlight on the core support. I will try and get a pic.

Nope just remembered....The elky is at the body shop. Can't help ya with the pic.

Tim

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.