Team Chevelle banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

This question is for the Vette. The new 377 stroker should be done next week and supposedly the builder will give me all the specs so I know where its making power. I'm pretty sure I am going to need a 9.5 or 10" converter. I pray it makes around 500Hp. Would like to use the car for racing. It will be used on the track and for fun around town from time to time. So I need something streetable, yet aggressive. Its a 72 vette,... 700R4,.... 3.73's, 28 in tall tires...

Im not asking the question so much of converter size and stall, but rather who is making a quality, reliable converter?

Dan

·
Premium Member
7,984 Posts
Ati.

·
Registered
11,983 Posts
Here in New york there is Select Performance on Long Island. There is also Dynamic in Ct, and in Pa ATI and Trans Specialties. Can I say one is better than another no, I've used 3 out of the 4 with equal success. I've had a select converter in this car for 11 years. Just give them as much info as possible (dyno sheets help) and they'll build one for your combo

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The car is actually my fathers,... we are awaiting the dyno results (this should be interesting). I actually had recommended EDGE to him, but he wanted me to post online and check with what you guys are all running. I hear alot about ATI... I'll have him give them a call as soon as the results come in and we'll see what the deal is....

Anyone have any feelings on Edge at all?

DG

·
Registered
122 Posts
I bought a Coan. Very satisfied. My stroker big block is at 600HP, and it is working great!

www.coanracing.com

1 - 7 of 7 Posts