Chevelles.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About 20 years ago I put a set of Moog 6204 (I think) springs in the front of my car. With an iron headed big block and 27” tall front tires they worked well. I had a small block in it for a short time and went to a 165R15 front tire as well, and it sat too high so I cut a coil. Now with the iron headed big block in it again, and the small tires, it’s way too low. I have about 2” of ground clearance from my headers and I’m tucking the front tires at least an inch, if not 2 up in the front fenders. I need to come up at least 2”. I’m considering buying another set of 6204 springs again, but would like recommendations from others. I don’t enjoy changing them. I’m done racing, car is just a cruiser now, I’m more after a good ride than performance.

Devin

·
Registered
5,216 Posts
Sorry I didn't see this post, Devin. This new site format is really lame & now I feel completely disconnected from the community here. I digress...

Anyway, I think the 6204s are a good replacement choice. I used 5244s in my first '67 & it was just too high in the front. I had those springs in that car for 18 years & they never settled & never sagged....just sat way too high. The 5244s are really stiff & listed for both SB with A/C or BB cars, so again I think the 6204s will be a better choice.

·
Premium Member
2,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for responding Pete. The 5244's are listed with a much higher rate- 315 vs 265. The ones I ordered are due in today, although likely late enough not to get time to install them. If I find I'm still too low I may consider those.

Devin

1 - 6 of 6 Posts