Chevelles.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a few interior pics. of a 68 El Camino headliner on how far forward it attaches to the front (forward) and how it attaches and also a close-up pic. of where the headliner molding gets mounted to. Everything is gone from my Elky. I have no headliner ,no molding for the headliner. I bought 3 headliner rods from a fellow TC'er and I have three plastic bow clips. Everything else I will have to buy. The headliner doesnt go under the windshield ,does it ??? I hope not because I just pulled my front and back windshield out this past summer and resealed it and reinstalled the glass. Have any of you guys used the headliner insulation ?? If so does it just attach to the metal (roof) by using 3M spray for headliners ?? Hope someone can send me some pics. on where that headliner molding attaches to the front and rear also. Thanks, Mark ----------------------------------------------------------------------------1968 Chevelle Malibu 1968 El Camino

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
just installe done a my 69 chevelle tonight, but i would think it has the same parts. It does not go under the windshield. there 'should' be a little metal strip about 1/2" along the front. the headliner tucks around this. same with the back and sides. The molding then fits over this strip.
Bubba

1 - 4 of 4 Posts