Team Chevelle banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

need a chevelle bad

2K views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  Shannon Vanover 
#1 ·
Any advice on the best way to buy a Chevelle I need one and soon.Im looking for a 69 or 70ss in the 20k or less range.Ive seen many dealers sites online and i was wondering the best way to buy without getting ripped off
thanks
Randy

[This message has been edited by randy70 (edited 04-08-2001).]

#2 ·
stay away from dealers if you dont want to get ripped off.Not saying all are are bad but they definately command top dollar.check local papers and talk to people.look in back yards,beat the bushes and most of all do your research!if they say its an SS verify it.if your not sure get someone who is to liik at it.good luck

------------------
70 chevelle,400cid turbo400.blue with silver stripes.
www.members.spree.com/entertainment/ochrisl/

#4 ·
Randy 70 - first of all, welcome to the board

If you are considering a car that is located quite a distance from your locale you could seek the help of a member in here to go and look at it. Most of the dudes in here are great that way and willing to help. Members checked out a couple for me when I was looking (I was virtually a new member at the time), didn't buy either one, but they were a great help. My decision on those cars was based on their input.

If you are planning on spending just under $20K you should be able to find a real nice car. You seem to be in a "rush" and that's not the correct way to approach this. Keep searching all leads but be patient and get what you really want. This approach should pay off in the end.

Good luck.

------------------
ACES #4241, TC #947
69 SS Sedan

#5 ·
The responses about being able to find a good car for $20,000 or less is right on. If you are willing to bide your time will likely do very well.

What I would do is go to every car show, swapmeet, and cruise in the area and see what cars are there, ask owners of cars that you like if their car is for sale or if they know of any that are. Learn as much as you can about the models you are interested in, and where to look for rust or repairs might be hidden. Remember the more cars you look at the better you will be at finding potential flaws in cars.

Steve R.

#6 ·
Thanks for the advice hopefully there will be a good selection of cars at carlisle for me to look at.Yeah I am in a little bit of a hurry,Ive been chevelless for 7 years and every time I want to buy the prices seem to go up.thanks again Ill keep posting during my search

#7 ·
Have you checked the members only ads? Driver(forum handle) has a pretty nice 70 for sale here in your price range. You might have to go back a couple days to find the ad. If you follow the above advice you should be alright. It might also be good to hook up with someone local who knows Chevelles. Good Luck

Here is the pics of Drivers car(4-3-01) : 1970 SS and Exterior

------------------
Jeff Angerstein
ACES#841 TCG#158
68 SS396(454)
68 Pro Street
69 SSRS 396(427) 4spd
87 MC SS

My Chevs
My Favorite
There are two theories to arguing with women.... Neither one works!

[This message has been edited by ACE841 (edited 04-09-2001).]

#8 ·
If you are looking for a top of the line 70SS, it will be hard to find one better than what I have. I posted it in the Auto Trader this week for $19,500. I was going to let it go for $18,000 but I would be too deep in the red. At $19,500 I'll still be in the red $3500. I financed the car 2 years ago this month for $20,000 and put $8,000 in it this past summer. I put $5000 down on the car plus I put $8,000 in it which equals $13,000. My payoff is $10,000. So, at $19,500 that would put me $3500 in the hole.
If you are interested go to the cars for sale
forum about 2 months back you'll find all the details. Reason Im selling is because I need to downsize. The car is like brand new.

------------------
70ss 402 bigblock ET 13.30
my 68 bigblock 454
[more pics of the 70

#9 ·
#12 ·
Randy, Check you e-mail,I have a 69 SS396 car been toying with selling or even taking to Nashville.E-mail or call me and we can talk details. Its a Dover white,black vinyl top and interior with black body side stripe.A 100% car that needs nothing..Let me know, Thanks

------------------
Shannon Vanover
TC #1414
ACES #5008
1969 SS396/350 4spd
1969 SS396/325 Red/Red
1983 MONTE CARLO SS BLUE
2002 HD FATBOY RED/DIAMOND ICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.